cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Global search programatically

jrosend
New Contributor III

Hi!

At the workspace header, there is a search box that allow us to look for a text in all notebooks in the workspace. 

Is there a way via CLI or API to call the global search https://<workspace-domain>/graphql/SearchGql so the result can be analysed automaticaly with a script? I couldn`t find a way in the documentation.

Right now I'm having to download all notebooks (API) to execute the search locally. The download itself takes too long (several hours) for there are thousands of notebooks across multiple workspaces. Even if i multithread, there's a limit of 30 requests per second. I also have to account for unsupported file formats and path size limitations.

So it would be best to use Databicks indexing to make this faster.

The request itself uses cookies to get the session ID and authenticate (I think) and I don't know how to reproduce it, say, in postman.

Is there a way to use a user token instead?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

Tharun-Kumar
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

@jrosend 

We do not have an API for searching workspace objects as of now. We already have an internal ticket for this request but we don't have an ETA for preview yet.

-werners-
Esteemed Contributor III

if you checked in the notebooks into a git repo, the search in the git repo (or API) might save you.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.