Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Administration & Architecture
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Internal error: Attach your notebook to a different compute or restart the current compute.

aayusha3
New Contributor II

I am currently using a personal computer cluster [13.3 LTS (includes Apache Spark 3.4.1, Scala 2.12)] on GCP attached to a notebook. After running a few command lines without an issue, I end up getting this error

Internal error. Attach your notebook to a different compute or restart the current compute.
java.lang.RuntimeException: abort: DriverClient destroyed 
at com.databricks.backend.daemon.driver.DriverClient.$anonfun$poll$3(DriverClient.scala:577) 	at scala.concurrent.Future.$anonfun$flatMap$1(Future.scala:307) 	at scala.concurrent.impl.Promise.$anonfun$transformWith$1(Promise.scala:54) 	at scala.concurrent.impl.CallbackRunnable.run(Promise.scala:77) 	at com.databricks.threading.DatabricksExecutionContext$InstrumentedRunnable.run(DatabricksExecutionContext.scala:36) 	at com.databricks.threading.NamedExecutor$$anon$2.$anonfun$run$2(NamedExecutor.scala:366) 	at scala.runtime.java8.JFunction0$mcV$sp.apply(JFunction0$mcV$sp.java:23) 	at com.databricks.logging.UsageLogging.withAttributionContext(UsageLogging.scala:420) 	at com.databricks.logging.UsageLogging.withAttributionContext$(UsageLogging.scala:418) 	at com.databricks.threading.NamedExecutor.withAttributionContext(NamedExecutor.scala:285) 	at com.databricks.threading.NamedExecutor$$anon$2.$anonfun$run$1(NamedExecutor.scala:364) 	at scala.runtime.java8.JFunction0$mcV$sp.apply(JFunction0$mcV$sp.java:23) 	at com.databricks.context.integrity.IntegrityCheckContext$ThreadLocalStorage$.withValue(IntegrityCheckContext.scala:44) 	at com.databricks.threading.NamedExecutor$$anon$2.run(NamedExecutor.scala:356) 	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128) 	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628) 	at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:829)

Within the databricks UI, I get the following errors: 

aayusha3_0-1700411861325.png

When I restart my cluster, I am able to run queries without any errors 10-15 times but then I end up getting this same error again. I tried running my queries with a new cluster but i face the same errors after 10-15 runs.

This seems to be a user isolated error since a colleague tried using his own personal compute cluster and was able to run queries without any issues. 

Here are the things I have tried so far while logged into my accounting:

1. Creating a completely new cluster -- Still having issues after a couple of queries
  2. Restarting my existing cluster -- Still having issues after a couple of queries 
  3. Open a new incognito tab and run queries -- Still get the same errors 

Only thing left for me to test is try logging into Databricks and running my queries on a separate device. 

Please let me know if anyone else has faced this issue previously and if there is any way to resolve this. 

Thanks,

5 REPLIES 5

amandaolens
New Contributor III

i am also facing the same issue.

amandaolens
New Contributor III

@aayusha3  have you found any fix for this issue?

Martin74
New Contributor II

We have facing the same issue in the last days.
When testing it again today, it seems solved.
Anybody has the same experience?

amandaolens
New Contributor III

@Martin74  same here martin.

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @aayusha3 , @amandaolens , @Martin74 , The error message you encountered while using your personal computer cluster with Databricks Runtime 13.3 LTS (which includes Apache Spark 3.4.1 and Scala 2.12) on Google Cloud Platform (GCP) indicates an issue with the driver client. 

Letโ€™s break down the situation:

Error Message:

1. Internal error. Attach your notebook to a different compute or restart the current compute. java.lang.RuntimeException: abort: DriverClient destroyed ...

Possible Causes:

Resolution:

UI Errors: You mentioned encountering errors within the Databricks UI. If you have a screenshot or more details about those errors, it would be helpful for further diagnosis.

Restarting the Cluster: Itโ€™s good to know that restarting your cluster allows you to run queries without any errors. However, if this issue persists, consider investigating the global init scripts and ensuring they are compatible with Databricks Runtime 13.3 LTS ML.

Remember that Databricks Runtime 13.3 LTS for Machine Learning provides a ready-to-go environment fo...

If you encounter any further issues, feel free to ask me.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.