cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Administration & Architecture
Explore discussions on Databricks administration, deployment strategies, and architectural best practices. Connect with administrators and architects to optimize your Databricks environment for performance, scalability, and security.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to configure a cluster to have no internet access?

m997al
Contributor III

When experimenting with LLMs on Databricks clusters, I have become interested in knowing if the LLM (Llama2 or otherwise), tries to make calls to the internet (i.e., the settings for use_remote_code=True in Huggingface models, as just one example).

More broadly, this is about the possibility of malicious code embedded in the LLMs.

The brute force solution is to run the LLMs from local files in Databricks, on a cluster that has it's network locked down.  I suppose we could create a specific Databricks workspace with extremely limited network connections just for this, but is there a way at the compute cluster level to lock down the network, independent of other clusters?

Does this question make sense?  Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

Yeshwanth
Honored Contributor

@m997al you can have networking configurations for the deployment and management of Databricks accounts and workspaces.

Please follow this documentation for more details: https://docs.databricks.com/en/security/network/index.html#networking

Let me know if it helped!

m997al
Contributor III

Thanks!  I see the general direction there.

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you won’t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isn’t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group