Administration & Architecture
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Language Preferences changes all day

stefankoch
New Contributor II

Since a few days I have the phenomenon that the language in the Databricks Workspace always changes to German. I have to change the language back to English in the settings every day. My PC has German set as the default language, but I want to keep the Databricks workspace in English.

Is there a way that I can permanently set the language setting in the workspace?

4 REPLIES 4

karthik_p
Esteemed Contributor

@stefankoch please follow below steps to change language for your workspace

1. click your username in the top navigation bar

2. select User Settings 

3. go to the Preferences tab

stefankoch
New Contributor II

Hi @karthik_p 

I know how to change the language.

My point is that I have to do this every day. I am looking for a solution that the set language is constant and does not have to be reset every day.

karthik_p
Esteemed Contributor

@stefankoch did you tried to update account level and see, if it is being reflected in all workspaces including your please 

LaurentLeturgez
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi @stefankoch 

I had the same issue from a french perspective 😉 

To fix this issue, I had to configure the Language + Region settings on the Azure portal, and set the Regional format to English (Europe) ... it was previously on France. 

Laurent_Leturge_0-1706798593226.png

After a refresh, loading a workspace (or the account console) made english as the default language without having to update at the workspace/account console user preferences.

HTH

Laurent

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.