cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Administration & Architecture
Explore discussions on Databricks administration, deployment strategies, and architectural best practices. Connect with administrators and architects to optimize your Databricks environment for performance, scalability, and security.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing 'Permissions' settings for Delta Live Tables Pipelines

chaaaaaarlie
New Contributor

Context: Azure Databricks, I am account admin, workspace admin, and pipeline owner (as confirmed via the API and visually in the Pipelines screen). When attempting to grant CAN_MANAGE access to developers for our DLT pipelines via the Databricks web interface, the 'Permissions' option does not appear in the kebab menu (see screenshot). This applies to all of our DLT pipelines in all of our workspaces. I can set permissions via the API but this is a bit cumbersome. Any ideas as to why the 'Permissions' option is not appearing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Walter_C
Databricks Employee
Databricks Employee

If you click on the link of the Pipeline and then you access the kebab menu you will see the Permissions page

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Walter_C
Databricks Employee
Databricks Employee

If you click on the link of the Pipeline and then you access the kebab menu you will see the Permissions page

Oh wow, thank you! I could've sworn I tried that but it looks like I didn't. Looking at the documentation (https://docs.databricks.com/en/delta-live-tables/settings.html#configure-pipeline-permissions) it seems a little confusing to me - I think "2. Select the name of a pipeline." doesn't fully convey that you need to click through to the pipeline's UI page rather than expanding the kebab next to the pipeline's name in the main DLT UI. I'll put in a request to have the documentation clarified, thank you for your help.

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you won’t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isn’t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group