Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Permission denied using patchelf

Datastoryteller
New Contributor II

Hello all ๐Ÿ‘‹

I would like to run a Python script on a Shared cluster:

Screenshot 2024-04-17 at 16.00.03.png

โ€ƒThe Python script tries to do, under the hood, a call to `patchelf` utility, in order to set a r-path. Something along those lines:

execute('patchelf',['--set-rpath', rpath, lib])

The problem I'm facing is that on a Shared cluster, this operation fails with "Operation denied" message. I have no issue when running on a Single User cluster. I tried various permission grants from Catalog > hive_metastore > Permissions, but none of them were successful.

Can I do something to make it work? I must confess that at this point, I'm entirely lost on where to find more configurations that would be helpful.

Any help is appreciated,

Regards

3 REPLIES 3

Ajay-Pandey
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi @Datastoryteller 

Does Unity Catalog enabled on your workspace ?

I think it is, but is there a specific config to check? I'm browsing the documentation and I'm a bit lost, to say the least

Datastoryteller
New Contributor II

I basically followed this tutorial https://learn.microsoft.com/en-gb/azure/databricks/data-governance/unity-catalog/get-started and it seemed to be working, so I guess Unity Catalog is enabled?

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.