Administration & Architecture
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Principal can be deleted but permissions not managed

Mumrel
Contributor

On Azure I added a service principal X to my databricks workspace. I therefore had the Service Prinicpal Manager role on that service principal X. I accidentally downgraded my rights to Service Principal User and now can's get my Managers role back. I am an workspace admin and can delete the service principal entry X. If I add the just deleted service principal X again, I will only receive the Service Principal User role, not the Manager role.

If I create any new service prinicpal Y with a syntactically valid app-id I will receive the Service Principal Manager role for Y. 

This seems inconsistent, since I can delete it but not manage it. How can I reclaim my Service Managers role back?

Mumrel_0-1708705677371.png

3 REPLIES 3

jamessmith3
New Contributor II

Do you have federated identity enabled on your workspace?

Mumrel
Contributor

I believe so because the described effect was also observed in another databricks workspace, where I did NOT make the accidental change

Also note, I am only a workspace admin, and do not have access to the account console

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.