cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Stay up-to-date with the latest announcements from Databricks. Learn about product updates, new features, and important news that impact your data analytics workflow.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

🔔 Attention Databricks Academy Users: SSO Implementation Incoming! Secure Your Account Today!

Sujitha
Community Manager
Community Manager

On May 18th a new SSO user experience will launch in Customer and Partner Academy. In order to secure your account, please see the instructions below on how to update and verify that your data is correct and complete. Please ensure that you have two emails (company and a recovery) email associated with your account.

Customer Academy 

Please see walkthrough on how to verify and/or update your email and secondary email address in Customer Academy

Steps 

1. Log into Customer Academy

2. On the home page locate your profile box and select “My profile” 

3. Scroll down and Update/Verify your email addresses

• Email - Please use this field for your company email address
  • Secondary Email (personal)
    Sujitha_0-1715596765217.png

4. When you are finished click “Save Changes

Partner Academy 

Please see walk through on how to verify and/or update your primary and secondary email address in Customer Academy 

Steps 
1. Log into Partner Academy 

2. Navigate to the menu ⚟ in the top left corner 

3. Click on the “pencil icon” - My Profile 

4. Scroll down and Update/Verify your email addresses

• Email - Please use this field for your company email address
  • Secondary Email (personal)
    Sujitha_1-1715596782895.png

5. When you are finished click “Save Changes

To receive additional support or address any other issues you encounter, kindly detail your concerns on our ticketing portal. Our support team will swiftly address your needs.

54 REPLIES 54

Elyunn
New Contributor III

Probably goes without saying, but I am also experiencing this.  What's worse is I sent this to people in my organization and I am being bombarded with the same question. Now I'm the one that looks bad. 😠

Sujitha
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Elyunn I am so sorry. I am checking with our team internally. We will share an update shortly. Thank you for your patience.

sneha_kovur
New Contributor II

When I update the 'Email' with my personal email id and keeping the 'Company Email' as-is - I'm not able to save the changes. It keeps asking me to "SAVE CHANGES" but unable to save - when I try to navigate through other tabs after updating.

Same. Changes are not really saved, if I do as you described. 

lmendes
New Contributor II

Same issue as described above. There is no way to enter secondary (personal) email. 

RickHenderson
New Contributor III

Yes, how come no body has answered from Databricks yet? This is ridiculous.

@RickHenderson our team is looking into it. We will get back shortly!

MarkN
New Contributor III

There isn't a personal email text box on the Partner Academy profile page, as others have said .  Also, it sounds like the Webassessor credentials could become unlinked if the personal email doesn't match what was used for Webassessor. (e.g. they used their company email)  How would they update Webassessor to match again?

isuriban
New Contributor II

I do not see Primary Secondary Email fields. All I see is something as Email / Company Email. Is this new change not published yet (Primary Secondary emails you are referring to. Add some screenshot otherwise. ) ? 

erigaud
Honored Contributor

Same issue, waiting for someone at Databricks to step in and explain in details what's supposed to be done.

pgruetter
Contributor

@Sujitha Can you please answer the question from the community here? Would also like to have clear instructions before communicating this internally at our company.

Sujitha
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello everyone, this message was forwarded to the Community by our internal team. We're currently in the process of reaching out to them internally to gain a clearer understanding. Rest assured, we'll provide a solution as soon as possible.

NavChad
New Contributor II

hi  @Sujitha 
I am having the same issue, i have raised a ticket. but did not get a confirmation back. Can you please let me know when this issue has been resolved. thank you 🙂

Sujitha
Community Manager
Community Manager

Absolutely @NavChad will update you here with the solution.

Martim_Dornelas
New Contributor II

Thanks for the update.

Same here. No Primary / Secondary Email. Any workaround or fix needed?

Join 100K+ Data Experts: Register Now & Grow with Us!

Excited to expand your horizons with us? Click here to Register and begin your journey to success!

Already a member? Login and join your local regional user group! If there isn’t one near you, fill out this form and we’ll create one for you to join!