Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Certifications
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formal Complaint and Request for Resolution Regarding DataBricks Certification Exam Suspension

Dhwani
New Contributor III

Dear DataBricks Certification Team @Cert-Team,

I am writing to bring to your attention a concerning incident that occurred during my recent attempt at the DataBricks Certified Associate Developer for Apache Spark 3.0 - Python exam. On October 19, 2023, at 10:30 AM Dublin Time, I encountered an unfortunate and unsettling experience that has prompted me to file a formal complaint.

During the exam, the proctor abruptly requested me to show my desk setup, and I promptly complied with their request. To my surprise, the proctor repeated the request multiple times, causing a significant interruption and waste of precious exam time. Afterward, I was informed that my exam had been suspended due to a perceived failure to meet unspecified behavioral or environmental requirements. I was given no opportunity to discuss or clarify the situation further, and the suspension of my exam was executed with just a few minutes left for me to complete the test.

I want to emphasize that I had approached the exam with complete honesty and integrity, adhering to all stipulated rules and guidelines. As a result, I am deeply perplexed and concerned about the proctor's actions during the exam. This experience has been disappointing, as I had not expected such behavior from a professional proctor overseeing a certification exam.

In light of this incident, I kindly request the following actions be taken:

Thorough Investigation: I request that a thorough investigation be conducted to understand the circumstances surrounding the suspension of my exam. It is essential that any misunderstandings or errors be rectified promptly.

Reinstatement or Retake Opportunity: If the investigation reveals that I was not involved in any unfair means and that my suspension was unjustified, I kindly request that my exam be reinstated or that I be provided with another opportunity to retake the exam at no additional cost.

I understand the significance of the certification process and its implications, both professionally and financially. I had invested $246 from my savings to take this exam, and I remain committed to obtaining my DataBricks certification ethically and fairly.

Please consider this matter with the utmost priority, as it is crucial for me to receive a resolution promptly. I trust that DataBricks values the integrity of its certification process and is committed to ensuring fairness and transparency for all candidates.

I have included my exam details for your reference:

Exam: Databricks Certified Associate Developer for Apache Spark 3.0 - Python
Exam Date and Time: October 19, 2023, 10:30 AM Dublin Time

I have raised the request at https://help.databricks.com/s/contact-us?ReqType=training
Request id - #00386227
Please resolve this issue as soon as possible as it is Really important to me .
Thanks and regards

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Sincerely,
Dhwani Mehta

@Kaniz @Sujitha

12 REPLIES 12

Cert-Team
Honored Contributor III
Honored Contributor III

Hi @Dhwani I'm so sorry you had this experience! Support has informed me that they are working with you on a resolution. Before you re-launch your exam, please review our certification FAQs to make sure you understand the technical, environmental, and behavioral online testing requirements.

Dhwani
New Contributor III

Hi @Cert-Team,

Thank you for your quick reply. 

Yes, I have read Online Test Requirement and adhere to rule.

Awaiting for your valuable reply from support team.
I would like to inform you that I had already marked all the questions and few minute before exam time this incident happened. I was just about to submit my test. 

Thank you

Cert-Team
Honored Contributor III
Honored Contributor III

Hi @Dhwani I just checked in with the support team again and they are waiting to hear from you a good date/time to resume where you left off. if you were all done, all you will need to do is submit the exam.

Dhwani
New Contributor III

Hi @Cert-Team,

Thank you for reply.

I am ready to take my exam today it self. Date 21/10/2023. Time: Any time Between (10:30 AM to 12:30 PM ) Dublin Time.
It was only 10 minutes around left where I left off.

Thank you.

Kashyapvj
New Contributor III

Hi @Cert-Team  @Sujitha @Kaniz 

I have had this same experience today. Moreover I have tried to register the request using desired link however no email is received yet. Please note that I have already checked spam folder.

This is truly disappointing and harassing situation for me. Could you please help me here and also let me know the escalation matrix for the same.

Request your support to reschedule my exam at the earliest today itself.

Email: vk5007397@gmail.com

Regards,Vijay Kashyap 

Dhwani
New Contributor III

Hi @Cert-Team,

Let me know your availability. I can able to join any time today as well as tomorrow. 
Awaiting for your valuable reply from support team to reschedule as soon as possible. 

Thank you

Dhwani
New Contributor III

Hi @Cert-Team,

Kindly reschedule my exam today at 12:30 PM Dublin Time or requesting you to kindly reschedule my exam today at any time. 

Awaiting for your reply. Please have a look. Also raised ticket in support and ticket id is Request id - #00386227

Thank you
@Kaniz @Sujitha

Dhwani
New Contributor III

Hi @Cert-Team,

Request ID:  00386227

Kindly reschedule my exam. I have shared all timings of tomorrow so whenever you see my message accordingly schedule my retest respectively.

• If you see my message before 10 AM Dublin time then schedule any time between 10 AM to 1 PM. ( Preferred time 10:30 AM Dublin Time)
  • If you see my message at 1 PM Dublin time then schedule my exam any time between 1 PM to 3 PM.  ( Preferred time 2 PM Dublin Time)
  • In case, if you see my message at 3 PM then kindly schedule my exam any time after 3 PM.  ( Preferred time 5 PM Dublin Time)
  • If you see my message before 10 AM Dublin time then schedule any time between 10 AM to 1 PM. ( Preferred time 10:30 AM Dublin Time)

I am eagerly waiting for your reply from Friday! Please reschedule my exam by tomorrow! My other projects are pending due to this issue. I won't be able to go out because of the delay in reply. 

Also, wanted to know that my exam will be rescheduled from scratch? or where I left off from that time?

Thank you.

Cert-Team
Honored Contributor III
Honored Contributor III

@Dhwani the support team has already rescheduled your exam to: 24 October 2023 Asia/Calcutta 1200H. If they scheduled the wrong time zone, please let them know so they can correct it. The support team is in IST, so it will be able to respond faster.

Dhwani
New Contributor III

Hi @Cert-Team,
Request ID:  00386227

Just wanted to confirm that, I am able to see my rescheduled exam in the in-progress tab.
Exam_Databricks_1.jpg

Wanted to know that my exam will be rescheduled from scratch? or where I left off from that time?

Thank you

Thank you

Cert-Team
Honored Contributor III
Honored Contributor III

@Dhwani I'm sorry, I was mistaken, it is rescheduled to: 24 October 2023 Europe/Dublin 1000H. The exam will resume where you left off.

Cert-Team
Honored Contributor III
Honored Contributor III

@Dhwani the launch button will not appear until about 10 minutes prior to your scheduled exam time.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.