cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Community Discussions
Connect with fellow community members to discuss general topics related to the Databricks platform, industry trends, and best practices. Share experiences, ask questions, and foster collaboration within the community.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

how to develop Notebooks on vscode for git repos?

MohsenJ
Contributor

I am able to use vscode extension + databricks connect to develop Notebooks on my local computer and run them on my databricks cluster. However I can not figure out how to develop the Notebooks that have the file `.py` extension but identified by Databricks as notebooks by their header 

# Databricks notebook source
# COMMAND ----------
import pytest
import os
import sys

My workflow looks like this at the moment:

1. develop the notebook on Databrick UI
  2. push the code to Gitlab
  3. (optional) pull the code from gitlab on my local computer, develop, push back, pull from databricks repo

The problem with local development is Databricks Connect can only detect Notebooks as such when they have  .ipynb extension. I wat to be able to develop and run my code on my local computer the same way I do it Databricks UI. 

1 REPLY 1

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager
Join 100K+ Data Experts: Register Now & Grow with Us!

Excited to expand your horizons with us? Click here to Register and begin your journey to success!

Already a member? Login and join your local regional user group! If there isn’t one near you, fill out this form and we’ll create one for you to join!