cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Community Platform Discussions
Connect with fellow community members to discuss general topics related to the Databricks platform, industry trends, and best practices. Share experiences, ask questions, and foster collaboration within the community.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

I am facing an issue while generating the DBU consumption report and need help.

Cloud_Architect
New Contributor III

I am trying to access the following system tables to generate a DBU consumption report, but I am not seeing this table in the system schema. Could you please help me how to access it?

system.billing.inventory, system.billing.workspaces, system.billing.job_usage, system.billing.workflow_usage, system.billing.notebook_usage, system.billing.sql_usage, system.billing.dlt_usage, system.billing.dashboard_usage

5 REPLIES 5

Kaniz_Fatma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Cloud_Architect, In Azure Databricks, system tables are an analytical store of your accountโ€™s operational data found ...1. These tables can be used for historical observability across your account1.

To access system tables, your workspace must be enabled for Unity Catalog1. By default, no users have access to system tables. To grant access, a metastore admin or other privileged user must grant USE and SELECT permissions on...1.

Here is the list of system tables currently hosted by Azure Databricks1:

• Audit logs: system.access.audit
  • Table lineage: system.access.table_lineage
  • Column lineage: system.access.column_lineage
  • Billable usage: system.billing.usage
  • Pricing: system.billing.list_prices
  • Clusters: system.compute.clusters
  • Node types: system.compute.node_types
  • SQL warehouse events: system.compute.warehouse_events
  • Marketplace funnel events: system.marketplace.listing_funnel_events
  • Marketplace listing access: system.marketplace.listing_access_events
  • Predictive optimization: system.storage.predictive_optimization_operations_history

Please note that the tables you mentioned like system.billing.inventory, system.billing.workspaces, system.billing.job_usage, etc. are not listed as available system tables1. You may want to check the system.billing.usage table for billable usage records2.

Remember, system tables are read-only and cannot be modified1. Hope this helps! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Thanks for the quick response. @Kaniz_Fatma 

If these system tables I have mentioned above are not available, then why is Databricks Assistant suggesting these tables? @Kaniz_Fatma 

If these system tables are not available, then why is Databricks Assistant suggesting these tables? @Kaniz_Fatma 

Hi @Cloud_Architect, Could you share some relevant screenshots?

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you wonโ€™t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isnโ€™t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group