cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Read VCF files using latest runtime version

nachog99
New Contributor II

Hello everyone!

I was reading VCF files using the glow library (Maven: io.projectglow:glow-spark3_2.12:1.2.1).

The last version of this library only works with the spark's version 3.3.2 so if I need to use a newer runtime with a more recent spark version I receive an error because they aren't compatible.

How can I fix that? Does anyone know a different way to read VCF files? Or should I stick to a specific spark version to use this library

If someone have an idea I will appreciate it 

1 REPLY 1

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @nachog99Working with VCF (Variant Call Format) files in Spark can be done using various approaches. Letโ€™s explore some options:

1. Glow Library:

• Youโ€™ve already been using the Glow library (Maven: io.projectglow:glow-spark3_2.12:1.2.1) to read VCF files. However, as you mentioned, itโ€™s tied to Spark version 3.3.2.
    • If you want to use a newer Spark runtime with a more recent Spark version, youโ€™ll need to address the compatibility issue.
    • One way to proceed is to check if there are any updated versions of the Glow library that support the Spark version youโ€™re interested in. Keep an eye on their official documentation or community discussions for any announcements regarding...1.
  2. Native Spark VCF Reader: