cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Discussions
Connect with fellow community members to discuss general topics related to the Databricks platform, industry trends, and best practices. Share experiences, ask questions, and foster collaboration within the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Training link deprecated: How to ingest data for Databricks SQL

PrathviS
New Contributor

I am currently doing a course in Databricks academy: How to ingest data for Databricks SQL.

To create a table in the external location I am provided with the link that is not working anymore. Below is the link:

wasbs://courseware@dbacademy.blob.core.windows.net/how-to-ingest-data-for-databricks-sql/v01/bronze

The query I am trying to execute is: 

-- CREATE TABLE table_from_external_data LOCATION 'wasbs://courseware@dbacademy.blob.core.windows.net/how-to-ingest-data-for-databricks-sql/v01/bronze';
-- SELECT * FROM table_from_external_data;

The error I am getting is: 
[UC_FILE_SCHEME_FOR_TABLE_CREATION_NOT_SUPPORTED] Creating table in Unity Catalog with file scheme wasbs is not supported.
Instead, please create a federated data source connection using the CREATE CONNECTION command for the same table provider, then create a catalog based on the connection with a CREATE FOREIGN CATALOG command to reference the tables therein. SQLSTATE: 0AKUC

I understand that wasbs is deprecated. I tried an alternative solution of creating a mount point but I am unable to do it without access key. How can I resolve this issue?

The training seems to be outdated.

1 REPLY 1

Kaniz_Fatma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @PrathviS, Thank you for sharing your concern with us!

To expedite your request, please list your concerns on our ticketing portal. Our support staff would be able to act faster on the resolution (our standard resolution time is 24-48 hours).

Join 100K+ Data Experts: Register Now & Grow with Us!

Excited to expand your horizons with us? Click here to Register and begin your journey to success!

Already a member? Login and join your local regional user group! If there isn’t one near you, fill out this form and we’ll create one for you to join!