cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Platform Discussions
Connect with fellow community members to discuss general topics related to the Databricks platform, industry trends, and best practices. Share experiences, ask questions, and foster collaboration within the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automating the Migration of ML Models and Metadata to Unity Catalog

Himanshu4
New Contributor II

Hello everyone,

I am currently working on a project where I need to migrate ML models from the Model Registry of one Databricks workspace to the Unity Catalog (schema/catalog) of another workspace. This migration needs to include not only the models themselves but also their associated metadata, such as model signatures, tags, and artifacts.

I would like to ask:

1. Best Practices: What are the best practices for automating the migration process of ML models and their metadata between workspaces in Databricks?

2. Automation Approaches: Are there specific tools, libraries, or scripts that can help automate this migration? Has anyone developed a custom solution that they could share?

3. Handling Metadata: What specific metadata should I focus on preserving during the migration? How can I ensure that this metadata remains intact and accessible in the new workspace?

1 REPLY 1

gchandra
Valued Contributor II

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you won’t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isn’t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group