cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
Community Platform Discussions
Connect with fellow community members to discuss general topics related to the Databricks platform, industry trends, and best practices. Share experiences, ask questions, and foster collaboration within the community.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Data bricks Bundle - 'include' section does not match any files.

AkhilVydyula
New Contributor II

Hello Community,

Iā€™m encountering the following error while working on my project:

Error: ${var.FILE_NAME} defined in 'include' section does not match any files.

Has anyone faced this issue before? I'm using variables to include specific files, but it seems like the system isn't recognizing the ${var.FILE_NAME} properly. Iā€™ve double-checked the file paths and variable names, but the error persists.

I would appreciate any insights or guidance on how to resolve this issue. Is there a specific way the variable should be defined or a known limitation when using this syntax in the 'include' section?

Looking forward to any suggestions or solutions from the community!

Thanks in advance,
[Sireesha Palle]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

szymon_dybczak
Contributor

Hi @AkhilVydyula ,

You can start by updating your cli. I've seen some really weird errors with older cli versions.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

szymon_dybczak
Contributor

Hi @AkhilVydyula ,

You can start by updating your cli. I've seen some really weird errors with older cli versions.

Hi @szymon_dybczak 

I completely agree with you. I'm having difficulty understanding how the sync will work for the include and exclude sections, specifically for folders and files. Hereā€™s what Iā€™m currently using:

sync:
  # Include specific files and directories
  #   # - files/${var.archetype}/config/${var.job_names}
  - files/${var.archetype}/config/*
  - files/${var.archetype}/notebooks/*
  - artifacts/dap_common-${var.dap_common_version}*.whl
  - artifacts/etl_framework-${var.etl_framework_version}*.whl

exclude:
    - resources/**  # This will ignore all files and subdirectories within the resources folder
    # - process_template.py3
    # - databricks.yml
    # - .gitignore
    # - .vscode

If you have any ideas or suggestions on how to improve this configuration, especially for syncing the correct files and folders, Iā€™d really appreciate your help.

Thank you!

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you wonā€™t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isnā€™t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group