cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Platform Discussions
Connect with fellow community members to discuss general topics related to the Databricks platform, industry trends, and best practices. Share experiences, ask questions, and foster collaboration within the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Databricks repo not working with installed python libraries

NelsonE
New Contributor II

Hello,

I'm trying to use some installed libraries in my cluster.

I created a single node cluster with the version Runtime version 14.3 LTS.

I also installed libraries like oracledb==2.2.1

Then when I try to use python to load this libraries in the workspace/shared folder works perfectly, when I try to run it on my repo (github folder) I'm not able to load any libraries. I'm getting this error:

OSError: [Errno 5] Input/output error: '/Workspace/Users/nelson.candia@farmatodo.com/ftd-databricks-repo/libraries'
File <command-3142143133324967>, line 1
----> 1 import oracledb
      2 import pandas as pd
File <frozen importlib._bootstrap_external>:1659, in _fill_cache(self)

Also I'm able to see in the left side panel that the library is installed, even if I do a pip list I can see the library is installed.

1 REPLY 1

Brahmareddy
Contributor III

Hello Nelson, How are you dong today?

Try checking the permissions on your repo folder to ensure your cluster can access it without issues. Use absolute paths when running from your GitHub repo to avoid directory confusion. Reinstall the oracledb library directly in your repo environment to make sure it's accessible. Restart the cluster after installing libraries to ensure everything loads correctly. Finally, check for any path conflicts in your repo environment that might be causing problems.

Give a try and let me know if it works.

Regards,

Brahma

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you won’t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isn’t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group