cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Platform Discussions
Connect with fellow community members to discuss general topics related to the Databricks platform, industry trends, and best practices. Share experiences, ask questions, and foster collaboration within the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLT Pipeline Issue with New Version of Advanced Data Engineering with Databricks training

Artman23
New Contributor

I am currently taking the new Advanced Data Engineering with Databricks training. I am stuck in the Demo: Auto Load to Bronze section of Streaming ETL Patterns with DLT. Looks to be an access issue to AWS as the pipeline errors out with the following:

DataPlaneException: [DLT ERROR CODE: CLUSTER_LAUNCH_FAILURE.CLIENT_ERROR] Failed to launch pipeline cluster 0115-031151-am1n1gme with termination code AWS_AUTHORIZATION_FAILURE and termination type CLIENT_ERROR: Could not launch cluster due to cloud provider authorization failure. databricks_error_message: Failure happened when talking to AWS, AWS API error code: UnauthorizedOperation AWS error message: Yo...

Has anyone had this issue with the new version of Advanced Data Engineering with Databricks training?

3 REPLIES 3

Kaniz_Fatma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for posting your concern on Community! To expedite your request, please list your concerns on our ticketing portal. Our support staff would be able to act faster on the resolution (our standard resolution time is 24-48 hours).

Kaniz_Fatma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, Could you please paste the error stack here?

Hello Kaniz Fatma,

I'm new at databricks and I have the exact same error after I created an External Location and attached my Notebook script to my Delta Live Tables pipeline. When I press "validate," it throws that error at the "waiting for resources" step in the DLT graph.

AlvaroCM_1-1725545317822.png

This is my DLT status workflow:

AlvaroCM_2-1725545623357.png

This is the msg log error:
DataPlaneException: [DLT ERROR CODE: CLUSTER_LAUNCH_FAILURE.CLIENT_ERROR] Failed to launch pipeline cluster aaaaa-bbbbb-cccc with termination code AWS_AUTHORIZATION_FAILURE and termination type CLIENT_ERROR: Could not launch cluster due to cloud provider authorization failure. databricks_error_message: Failure happened when talking to AWS, AWS API error code: AccessDenied AWS error message: User: arn:a...

My guess is that I'm missing some additional cluster authorization in AWS (IAM) for DLT that I couldn't find in the Databricks documentation.

Thanks,

Alvaro

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you won’t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isn’t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group