cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Platform Discussions
Connect with fellow community members to discuss general topics related to the Databricks platform, industry trends, and best practices. Share experiences, ask questions, and foster collaboration within the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to visualize result from DESCRIBE DETAIL statement

nvhbao
New Contributor

Hi all,

In Lakeview Dashboard, I would like to visualize some delta table's info returned from the SQL statement 'DESCRIBE DETAIL'.  In 'Data' tab, the dataset which contained that statement returned all detail info of my delta table. But the visualization in Canvas had a message "No available data" and didn't show anything.

Is there anyone know how to move over this issue?

Regards,

1 REPLY 1

Kaniz_Fatma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @nvhbao , One possible reason for this issue could be that the data returned by the SQL statement is not in a format that can be visualized by Canvas. You may want to check the format of the data returned by the SQL statement and ensure that it is compatible with the visualization type you are using.

Another possible reason could be that the visualization is not configured correctly. You may want to check the configuration of the visualization and ensure that it is set up correctly.

I found a Databricks documentation page that outlines the types of visualizations available to use in Lakeview dashboards and shows how to create an example of each visualization type. You may find this page helpful in resolving your issue.

If the issue persists, you may want to raise a support ticket with Databricks support for further assistance.

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you won’t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isn’t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group