cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Community Platform Discussions
Connect with fellow community members to discuss general topics related to the Databricks platform, industry trends, and best practices. Share experiences, ask questions, and foster collaboration within the community.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Parameterizing DLT Pipelines

Mustafa_Kamal
New Contributor II

Hi Everyone,

I have DLTP pipeline which I need to execute for difference source systems. Need advise on how to parametrize this.

I have gone through many articles on the web, but it seems there is no accurate information available.

Can anyone please help.

Thanks,

4 REPLIES 4

AmanSehgal
Honored Contributor III

You can provide parameters in the configuration section of DLT pipeline and access it in your code using spark.conf.get(<parameter_name>).

Parameterize DLT pipelines 

Mustafa_Kamal
New Contributor II

Thank you @AmanSehgal ,

I have done that and was able to execute the pipeline successfully. Bu t I need to change the parameter value at run time, so that the same pipeline can be used for multiple sources.

Can we pass parameters from Job to DLT Pipeline ?

AmanSehgal
Honored Contributor III

I tried but it doesn't seem to be working. I tried passing job parameters to cluster configuration as {{job.paramters.name}} but it didn't pickup.

You might have to put a wrapper logic around your pipeline for now to parameterize it. For instance, write some text into a file in mounted location and then read it in the DLT pipeline for your conditional logic.

Hi @AmanSehgal , Yes, thats true, I had tried different options here. Thank you so much for taking it time to investigate this.

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you wonโ€™t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isnโ€™t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group