cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Platform Discussions
Connect with fellow community members to discuss general topics related to the Databricks platform, industry trends, and best practices. Share experiences, ask questions, and foster collaboration within the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding cloning my gitrepo under workspace/Users/user_name

VGS777
New Contributor III

Hi all,

I am recently started using databricks. 

I want to my git repo under workspace/Users/user_name path which I can't able to do it. But i can able to clone only under repo directory by default.

Can anyone pls advice me regarding this 😃

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

-werners-
Esteemed Contributor III

This is by design.  Git repos work in Repos, not in the classic workspace.
But how about this:
In Repos, you have your own dedicated home folder (comparable to workspace/users/username).
Link that folder to a git repo, create a feature branch from the main or other branch et voila.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

-werners-
Esteemed Contributor III

This is by design.  Git repos work in Repos, not in the classic workspace.
But how about this:
In Repos, you have your own dedicated home folder (comparable to workspace/users/username).
Link that folder to a git repo, create a feature branch from the main or other branch et voila.

VGS777
New Contributor III

Thanks for this advice 😀

Kaniz_Fatma
Community Manager
Community Manager

I want to express my gratitude for your effort in selecting the most suitable solution. It's great to hear that your query has been successfully resolved. Thank you for your contribution.

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you won’t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isn’t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group