cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Community Platform Discussions
Connect with fellow community members to discuss general topics related to the Databricks platform, industry trends, and best practices. Share experiences, ask questions, and foster collaboration within the community.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Retry Trigger for Specific Errors and Custom Error States in Workflow UI

Edoardo
New Contributor

Hello everyone,

In a workflow, is it possible to trigger a retry only for a specific error on a single task? I want the workflow UI to show a run as failed for both managed and unmanaged errors, but I don't want to trigger the retry for managed errors.

Alternatively, can the workflow UI display a different state, apart from failed/success, to indicate a managed error?  I'm looking for a way to distinguish between these error types visually.

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1

Kaniz_Fatma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Edoardo

• You can implement custom retry logic directly in your workflow code. For instance, if you encounter a specific error that you want to retry, you can wrap your main workflow function with a conditional check. If the function returns that specific error, you can use the โ€œcontinue as newโ€ feature to restart the workflow with exponential backoff.

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you wonโ€™t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isnโ€™t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group