cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Platform Discussions
Connect with fellow community members to discuss general topics related to the Databricks platform, industry trends, and best practices. Share experiences, ask questions, and foster collaboration within the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Azure Event Grid for structured streaming

dbx_687_3__1b3Q
New Contributor III

Can anyone point me to any Databricks documentation (or other resources) for configuring structured streaming to use Azure Event Grid for a source/sink? I found examples for Kafka and EventHubs but Azure Event Grid is different than Azure Event Hubs.

2 REPLIES 2

Kaniz_Fatma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @dbx_687_3__1b3Q , To configure structured streaming to use Azure Event Grid as a source/sink, you can refer to the following documentation:

1. "Streaming from Azure Event Hubs" - This documentation explains how to use Azure Event Hubs as a source and sink for streaming data in Databricks. It provides detailed steps and examples on how to configure structured streaming with Azure Event Hubs.

You can find this documentation at the following link: [Docs: streaming-event-hubs](https://docs.databricks.com/structured-streaming/streaming-event-hubs.html)

Please note that Azure Event Hubs provides an endpoint compatible with Apache Kafka, which can be used with the Structured Streaming Kafka connector in Databricks. It is recommended to use the Structured Streaming Kafka connector to process messages from Azure Event Hubs.

dbx_687_3__1b3Q
New Contributor III

I must be missing something. I don't see how the examples in the referenced document can be applied to Azure Event Grid.

Is there another example that shows how to subscribe to an Event Grid topic?

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you won’t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isn’t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group