Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any Upcoming Updates to Data Engineer Professional Exam or Advanced Data Engineering Course?

smart5mk
New Contributor III

Just failed the Data Engineer Professional exam... the Advanced Data Engineering prep course is totally inadequate, and the exam went way beyond in scope with some topics and questions. Are there any changes coming to the curriculum or the exam?

3 REPLIES 3

gregc001
New Contributor III

I totally agree. Most questions/answer choices are very robust and although I finished all the questions, I don't think I had enough time to really think through them, especially considering their level of difficulty. Many of the questions that I remembered afterwards, I still could not been find definitive answers, and I have done a lot of study and research. But, it has made me study 5 or 10 times more than I thought I would (which does help me.)

Anonymous
Not applicable

For me,

The exam actually really really hard, you must know almost all knowledge

of Databricks Lake House Platform and very deeply. Anyway, mistake make perfect keep fighting. Hope to hear from your post next time with Passed message!

gregc001
New Contributor III

Jensen,

Any special resources that are helpful other than the usual Academy code samples/videos, youtube videos, and some Amazon books. Is there any special program, course, etc that seem to help with the deeper knowledge areas that you can add to my list? I have already passed the Analytics, ML Assoc and Pro, and the Eng Assoc already, but this test is a beast, and I am only just points from passing.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.