Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

As the Databricks account manager; I cannot login: "Your user already belongs to a Databricks account"

jdobken
New Contributor III

On GCP I subscribed to Databricks in one project within the organization.

Then I canceled this subscription and subscribed to Databricks in another project.

When I try to login onto the newly subscribed databricks with google SSO:

> There was an error signing up. Your user already belongs to a Databricks account. Contact your Databricks account administrator.

Screenshot 2023-06-07 at 11.32.30 

How can I detach from the previous account (account id=`a65c5d1d-7196-4cf5-9d52-99a8d2abd84f`) and maybe remove this account entirely?

8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Joost Dobken​ 

Sorry for the inconvenience. Please specify that the issue is related to Databricks Community or Community -Edition or share the screenshot. Kindly, do let me know on a priority basis.

Thanks and Regards

jdobken
New Contributor III

I am not sure... the subscription was created via the Google Cloud Platform, so for the account manager I would go to https://accounts.gcp.databricks.com/

arnaud1
New Contributor II

I see the same problem on my account. I tried creating one from GCP and now it says blocked pending approval. To unblock I need to sign in using Databricks login but I am getting the error describe above.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Joost Dobken​ and @Arnaud Rachez​ 

Thank you for reaching out, and we’re sorry to hear about this log-in issue! 

We have this Community Edition login troubleshooting post on Community. Please take a look, and follow the troubleshooting steps. 

If the steps do not resolve the log-in issue, then please email feedback@databricks.com for further assistance. 

Please write an email to help@databricks.com.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Joost Dobken​  and @Arnaud Rachez​ 

Thank you for posting your question in our community! We are happy to assist you.

To help us provide you with the most accurate information, could you please take a moment to review the responses and select the one that best answers your question?

This will also help other community members who may have similar questions in the future. Thank you for your participation and let us know if you need any further assistance! 

jdobken
New Contributor III

Unfortunately none of the answers are helpful. I actually don't even think anyone has given any answer to my question.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm having the exact same issue. I activated a Databricks subscription on GCP about a month ago in a test project, played around with it and then deleted it. Now I want to sign up for Databricks in our production project and I'm seeing the exact same error: "There was an error signing up. Your user already belongs to a Databricks account. Contact your Databricks account administrator.".

This does not have anything to do with Databricks Community Edition as far as I can tell, this has to do with Databricks subscriptions on GCP. This is currently blocking my company from signing up and using Databricks in earnest. It's not clear who I should reach out to in order to get this problem solved.

Thank you

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can see the issue might be related to organizations or billing accounts. The new Databricks project I tried creating was on a different organization/billing-account than the test Databricks subscription I created a month back.

I went back to the original GCP organization and re-subscribed to Databricks under a new project, also using the original billing account associated with my email and Databricks was successfully activated again.

There seems to be no way for me to delete my old Databricks account (see https://accounts.gcp.databricks.com/), to disassociate my email and start fresh so I can use it . This article here says I must "contact support" to delete my account. Must I pay for a Databricks or GCP support contract in order to cancel an account that I'm not using? Feels like there's a paywall within a paywall that I'm trying to get to.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.