Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AWS quickstart - Cloudformation failure When deploying your workspace with the recommended AWS quickstart method, a Cloudformation template will be la...

User16844487905
New Contributor III

AWS quickstart - Cloudformation failure

When deploying your workspace with the recommended AWS quickstart method, a Cloudformation template will be launched in your AWS account. 

If you experience a failure with the error message along the lines of

ROLLBACK - The following resources failed to create [createStorageConfiguration, createCredentials]

, the error is most commonly caused by entering the wrong credentials in the Cloudformation template.

Screen Shot 2021-10-12 at 11.46.28 AM 

Recommended Action:

Please launch the Quickstart again from the Databricks Account Console and make sure you enter the email/password of your Databricks account in the Cloudformation template.

Screen Shot 2021-10-13 at 3.09.01 PMNote: Be aware that the browser will often try to auto-fill these fields with the AWS credentials, so please double check the fields. 

Once the correct login information has been entered, Cloudformation should successfully run in about 5-10 minutes and you’ll be able to start using the newly deployed Databricks workspace.

4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome!

Unforgiven
Valued Contributor III

@Mate Rauscher​ i had facing this issues before. run cloudformation with aws cloud first time is working fine. run the seconds time got the issues i had doing all steps below :

create role, policy, s3 bucket , bucket policy too not help.

workaround not use quickstart i used custom option working without error

yalun
New Contributor III

How do I launch the "Quickstart" again? Where is it in the console?

Unforgiven
Valued Contributor III

go to admin databrick console account process again

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.