cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
Join discussions on data engineering best practices, architectures, and optimization strategies within the Databricks Community. Exchange insights and solutions with fellow data engineers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AWS quickstart - Cloudformation failure When deploying your workspace with the recommended AWS quickstart method, a Cloudformation template will be la...

User16844487905
New Contributor III

AWS quickstart - Cloudformation failure

When deploying your workspace with the recommended AWS quickstart method, a Cloudformation template will be launched in your AWS account. 

If you experience a failure with the error message along the lines of

ROLLBACK - The following resources failed to create [createStorageConfiguration, createCredentials]

, the error is most commonly caused by entering the wrong credentials in the Cloudformation template.

Screen Shot 2021-10-12 at 11.46.28 AM 

Recommended Action:

Please launch the Quickstart again from the Databricks Account Console and make sure you enter the email/password of your Databricks account in the Cloudformation template.

Screen Shot 2021-10-13 at 3.09.01 PMNote: Be aware that the browser will often try to auto-fill these fields with the AWS credentials, so please double check the fields. 

Once the correct login information has been entered, Cloudformation should successfully run in about 5-10 minutes and you’ll be able to start using the newly deployed Databricks workspace.

4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome!

Unforgiven
Valued Contributor III

@Mate Rauscher​ i had facing this issues before. run cloudformation with aws cloud first time is working fine. run the seconds time got the issues i had doing all steps below :

create role, policy, s3 bucket , bucket policy too not help.

workaround not use quickstart i used custom option working without error

yalun
New Contributor III

How do I launch the "Quickstart" again? Where is it in the console?

Unforgiven
Valued Contributor III

go to admin databrick console account process again

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you won’t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isn’t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group