cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Data Engineering
Join discussions on data engineering best practices, architectures, and optimization strategies within the Databricks Community. Exchange insights and solutions with fellow data engineers.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Azure Devops - Entra ID - AWS Databricks

thiagoawstest
Contributor

Hi, I need to integrate Azure Devops repos with AWS Databricks, but not via personal token.

I need it via main service, integrated with Azure Entra ID, using Azure Databricks when I go to create main service, "Entra ID application ID" appears, but in AWS Databricks it doesn't appear, how could I do that?

2 REPLIES 2

Kaniz_Fatma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @thiagoawstestIntegrating Azure DevOps repositories with AWS Databricks is a great way to streamline your development workflow. Letโ€™s break down the steps:

1. Create an Azure DevOps Personal Access Token (PAT):

• Go to dev.azure.com and sign in to your DevOps organization.
    • Click your user profile in the upper-right corner and select โ€œPersonal Access Tokens.โ€
    • Create a new token, providing a name and selecting the relevant organization (which corresponds to your repo).
  2. Configure Git Credentials in Databricks:

• In your Databricks workspace, navigate to the cluster where you want to use the Git repository.
    • Go to the โ€œLibrariesโ€ tab and click โ€œInstall New.โ€
    • Choose โ€œMavenโ€ as the source and add the following Maven coordinates:
      com.databricks.labs:azure-devops-utils_2.12:0.0.1

• Click โ€œInstall.โ€
  3. Connect Databricks to Your Azure DevOps Repo:

• In your Databricks workspace, create a new notebook.
    • Use the following code snippet to connect to your Azure DevOps repo using the PAT:
      dbutils.fs.mount(
          source = "https://dev.azure.com/<organization>/<project>/_git/<repo>",
          mount_point = "/mnt/<mount-name>",
          extra_configs = {
              "<

That's not what I want. I need to connect AWS Databricks to the Azure Devops repos, but not use a personal token, but via service principals.

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you wonโ€™t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isnโ€™t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group