cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Data Engineering
Join discussions on data engineering best practices, architectures, and optimization strategies within the Databricks Community. Exchange insights and solutions with fellow data engineers.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Azure Storage Account inside Databricks cannot enable soft-delete.

jllo
New Contributor III

Hello,

When deploying any databricks workspace inside Azure, the storage account inside the databricks managed resource group is unable to apply any changes, including enabling soft-delete. Is there a way to enable it?

Best regards,

Jon

6 REPLIES 6

Debayan
Esteemed Contributor III

The Databricks managed resource group cannot be altered. The managed resource group is not modifiable, and it is not used to create virtual machines. You can only create virtual machines in the resource group you manage.

Please refer: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/databricks/scenarios/quickstart-create-databricks-workspace-...

Please tag @Debayanโ€‹ with your next comment so I will be getting notified.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @JonIker Llorente Iglesiasโ€‹ 

We haven't heard from you since the last response from @Debayan Mukherjeeโ€‹ , and I was checking back to see if her suggestions helped you.

Or else, If you have any solution, please share it with the community, as it can be helpful to others. 

Also, Please don't forget to click on the "Select As Best" button whenever the information provided helps resolve your question.

jllo
New Contributor III

@Debayan Mukherjeeโ€‹, So, as I understand from your first response, it is impossible to modify the storage account inside the Azure Databricks managed RG, correct?

jllo
New Contributor III

@Debayan Mukherjeeโ€‹ The question was about the basic storage account that is automatically created inside the managed databricks RG in Azure, can that be altered to enable soft-delete?

Debayan
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi, Default storage withing default RG cannot be altered.

jllo
New Contributor III

Ok, thank you Debayan, I'll inform my team about it. ๐Ÿ‘

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you wonโ€™t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isnโ€™t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group