cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i get 2 different type of Source file (csv and Json) in a single build

Abishek_317176
New Contributor

Need to understand this 

i got 2 sources which currently writes to the Single S3 bucket in csv and json format daily is it possible to ingest both the file types in a single build to ingest in Databricks, file size <300 mb ?

or Alternately i should create 2 onboarding job from same directly to pick json by one and csv- Is it possible not sure...

or Convert the file type to same format then try ingesting 

thanks Abhisek

2 REPLIES 2

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Abishek_317176,

Ingest Both File Types in a Single Build:

Create Two Onboarding Jobs:

• You can create two separate onboarding jobs—one for ingesting JSON files and another for ingesting CSV files. Each job can be configured to pick the relevant file type from the S3 bucket.
  • While this approach is feasible, it might lead to more maintenance overhead, especially if the number of sources or file types increases over time.

Convert File Types to a Common Format:

• If you prefer a unified approach, consider converting one of the file types (CSV or JSON) to the other format before ingestion. For example:
    • Convert JSON files to CSV format (or vice versa) using a script or tool.
    • Once both file types are in the same format, you can ingest them together using Auto Loader or other methods.

COPY INTO (SQL):

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there! Thanks a bunch for being part of our awesome community! 🎉 

We love having you around and appreciate all your questions. Take a moment to check out the responses – you'll find some great info. Your input is valuable, so pick the best solution for you. And remember, if you ever need more help , we're here for you! 

Keep being awesome! 😊🚀

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.