Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cluster start is currently disabled ?

gazzyjuruj
Contributor II

Hi, i'm trying to run the notebooks but it doesn't do any activity.

I had to create a cluster in order to start my code.

pressing the play button inside of notebook does nothing at all.

and the 'compute' , pressing play there on the clusters gives the error 'cluster start is currently disabled', what's going on? How do i fix it or expect to be fixed?

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Assuming there are enough idle instances warm in the pool – set via the “Min Idle” field during pool creation – the cluster will start in under 40 seconds.

Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III

You can provide some information about the platform you are using (Azure, community, etc.) and include some screenshots; then, it will be easier to help.

Debayan
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

Could you please confirm if you are able to create a new cluster? As of now in community edition, you need to create a new cluster every time and run it. Stopped clusters cannot be started as it is currently disabled.

jose_gonzalez

Hi @Ghazanfar Uruj​,

Just a friendly follow-up. Did any of the responses help you to resolve your question? if it did, please mark it as best. Otherwise, please let us know if you still need help.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.