Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Connect databricks delta lake which is hosted in AWS from PowerBI - conn str/push dataset

alj_a
New Contributor III

Hi,

I have a requirement. databricks has been hosted in AWS. and, i need to read the delta table from powerbi. tried push dataset but not working. is there any way to connect.

we are using Active Directory as company wide

1 REPLY 1

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @alj_a, it is possible to connect Power BI to Delta Lake tables hosted on Databricks on AWS. You can use the Azure Databricks Power BI connector to connect Power BI Desktop to your Azure Databr...2.

Here are the high-level steps to connect Power BI to Delta Lake tables:

1. Download and install the latest version of Power BI Desktop.
  2. Create an Azure Databricks personal access token or use your Microsoft Entra ID account credentials.
  3. Connect Power BI Desktop to your Azure Databricks clusters and Databricks SQL warehouses using Partn....
  4. Publish Power BI reports to the Power BI service and enable users to access the underlying Azure Dat....

You can find more information on connecting Power BI to Azure Databricks in the Microsoft Learn documentation.

I hope this helps!

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.