Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

SepidehEb
by New Contributor III
  • 6 replies
  • 7 kudos

Resolved! How to get a minor DBR image?

In short, we aim to add a step to a CI job that would run tests in a container, which supposedly should mimic DBR of our clusters – currently we use 7.3 . We consider using one of databricksruntime images (possibly a standard:7.x for now, https://hub...

• 6 replies
  • 7 kudos
Latest Reply
Atanu
Esteemed Contributor
  • 7 kudos

Hi @Sepideh Ebrahimi​ , since cluster is Databricks proprietary, you ca not run it locally. as @Werner Stinckens​  said, you can build your own image but that has to be run in cluster. but there is databricks connect (https://docs.databricks.com/dev-...

• 7 kudos
5 More Replies
sunil_smile
by Contributor
  • 5 replies
  • 6 kudos

Apart from notebook , is it possible to deploy an application (Pyspark , or R+spark) as a package or file and execute them in Databricks ?

Hi,With the help of Databricks-connect i was able to connect the cluster to my local IDE like Pycharm and Rstudio desktop version and able to develop the application and committed the code in Git.When i try to add that repo to the Databricks workspac...

image image
  • 5 replies
  • 6 kudos
Latest Reply
Atanu
Esteemed Contributor
  • 6 kudos

may be you will be interested our db connect . not sure if that resolve your issue to connect with 3rd party tool and setup ur supported IDE notebook serverhttps://docs.databricks.com/dev-tools/databricks-connect.html

• 6 kudos
4 More Replies
Abela
by New Contributor III
  • 3 replies
  • 7 kudos

Resolved! Databricks drop and remove s3 storage files safely

After dropping a delta table using DROP command in databricks, is there a way to drop the s3 files in databricks without using rm command? Looking for a solution where junior developers can safely drop a table wihout messing with the rm command where...

• 3 replies
  • 7 kudos
Latest Reply
jose_gonzalez
  • 7 kudos

Hi @Alina Bella​ ,Like @Hubert Dudek​ mentioned, we have a best practice guide for dropping managed tables. You can find the docs here

• 7 kudos
2 More Replies
itay
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Streaming with runOnce and groupBy window queries

I have a streaming job running a groupBy query with a Window of 3 days. The query is searching for different types of events.The stream is configured with runOnce and there is a job scheduled for every hour.Now, I'm not sure what data is processed ea...

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
jose_gonzalez
  • 1 kudos

Hi @itay k​ ,You will need to take a look at the Progress Reporter. This will show the Micro-batch JSON metrics. For example, the metric called "numInputRows" which will display the number of input rows that it processed for the micro-batch. You will...

• 1 kudos
1 More Replies
kmartin62
by New Contributor III
  • 9 replies
  • 4 kudos

Resolved! Configure Databricks (spark) context from PyCharm

Hello. I'm trying to connect to Databricks from my IDE (PyCharm) and then run delta table queries from there. However, the cluster I'm trying to access has to give me permission. In this case, I'd go to my cluster, run the cell which gives me permiss...

• 9 replies
  • 4 kudos
Latest Reply
Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 4 kudos

"I'm trying to connect to Databricks from my IDE (PyCharm) and then run delta table queries from there."If you are going to deploy later your code to databricks the only solutions which I see is to use databricks-connect or just make development envi...

• 4 kudos
8 More Replies
prasadvaze
by Valued Contributor
  • 8 replies
  • 3 kudos

Resolved! How to make delta table column values case-insensitive?

we have many delta tables with string columns as unique key (PK in traditional relational db) and we don't want to insert new row because key value only differs in case. Its lot of code change to use upper/lower function on column value compare (in ...

• 8 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
lizou
Contributor II
  • 3 kudos

Well, the unintended benefit is now I am using int\big int as surrogate keysfor all tables (preferred in DW). All joins are made on integer data types. Query efficiency is also improved.The string matching using upper() is done only on ETL when com...

• 3 kudos
7 More Replies
Anonymous
by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Access to Cluster Logs for non-admins

Suppose I have a DevOps team that needs near real-time access to cluster logs to troubleshoot job failures. What is the best way for me to grant access to view logs without granting them admin access?

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 1 kudos

Please use logging option and set destination for sending logs in cluster settings to other Azure Blob or S3 storage (need to be mounted first):

• 1 kudos
User16857281869
by New Contributor II
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Why do I see a cost explosion in my blob storage account (DBFS storage, blob storage, ...) for my structures streaming job?

Its usually one or more of the following reasons:1) If you are streaming into a table, you should be using .Trigger option to specify the frequency of checkpointing. Otherwise, the job will call the storage API every 10ms to log the transaction data...

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 1 kudos

please mount cheaper storage (LRS) to custom mount and set there checkpoints,please clear data regularly,if you are using forEac/forEatchBatchh in stream it will save every dataframe on dbfs,please remember not to use display() in production,if on th...

• 1 kudos
User16857281869
by New Contributor II
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! What is the best way to do time series analysis and forecasting with Spark?

We have developed a library on spark which makes typical operations on time series much simpler. You can check the repo in Github for more info. You could also check out one of our blogs which demos an implementation of a forecasting usecase with S...

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 1 kudos

Currently on databricks there is MLFlow with forecasting option - please check it.

• 1 kudos
User16869510359
by Esteemed Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

This is a lit of configuration keys to enable or alter the blacklist mechanism:spark.blacklist.enabled – set to Truespark.blacklist.task.maxTaskAttemptsPerExecutor (1 by default)spark.blacklist.task.maxTaskAttemptsPerNode (2 by default)spark.blacklis...

• 0 kudos
DievanB
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

pyspark: How to run selenium in UDF

Hi all, I am building a webscraper to get prices of certain EAN's from the amazon website. Therefore I use selenium to get the product links. I wrote te following function to get the productlinks based on a EAN: def getProductLinkAmazonPY(EAN): st...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

UDF functions are serialized and then executed on executors. I don't think it will be possible with Selenium.

• 0 kudos
User16752244127
by Contributor
  • 3 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 3 replies
  • 5 kudos
Latest Reply
Atanu
Esteemed Contributor
  • 5 kudos

Currently supported datasources with Databricks https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/databricks/data/data-sources/ and may be this block will have more insight - https://blogs.sap.com/2019/10/24/your-sap-on-azure-part-22-read-sap-hana-data-from-azu...

• 5 kudos
2 More Replies
Emre
by New Contributor II
  • 1 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! The license of JDBC connector for BI vendors

Hey all,We would like to support Databricks in our BI tool, which is an open-source Java application. (See https://github.com/metriql/metriql)In order to connect Databricks, we need to use the JDBC connector similar to the other BI tools such as Look...

• 1 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 2 kudos

It doesn't look so bad after all (mean terms and conditions on https://databricks.com/jdbc-odbc-driver-license )but I think the best solution is to open ticket via https://databricks.com/company/contact

• 2 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors