Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Emre
by New Contributor II
  • 1 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! The license of JDBC connector for BI vendors

Hey all,We would like to support Databricks in our BI tool, which is an open-source Java application. (See https://github.com/metriql/metriql)In order to connect Databricks, we need to use the JDBC connector similar to the other BI tools such as Look...

• 1 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 2 kudos

It doesn't look so bad after all (mean terms and conditions on https://databricks.com/jdbc-odbc-driver-license )but I think the best solution is to open ticket via https://databricks.com/company/contact

• 2 kudos
missyT
by New Contributor III
  • 1 replies
  • 3 kudos

Is there a reason lists don't have a .sum() method?

I do a lot of work with numpy arrays and pytorch tensors, but occasionally throw some native lists around. I naturally want to write <list>.sum(), which would work for these other third-party iterables, but doesn't work for native lists.It'd be very ...

• 1 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 3 kudos

I think reason is that list can contain different type of objects than just integers and floats (so nested lists, string and all possible other kind of objects) so it doesn't make sense to implement .sum method as it would fail in many cases.

• 3 kudos
Anonymous
by Not applicable
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

www.jamboreeindia.com

Jamboree is the leading institute offering specialized classroom and online test prep solutions for study abroad entrance exams like GMAT, GRE, SAT, TOEFL and IELTS.https://www.jamboreeindia.com/

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Rithwik_Malla_2
by New Contributor
  • 4 replies
  • 5 kudos

Resolved! Terraform - Databricks CI/CD pipeline

Can anyone help me in configuring the CI/CD for a ADB terraform code .The problem I am facing authentication something went wrong in there . Can anyone help me on this .Pipeline implementation in Azure DevOps.

• 4 replies
  • 5 kudos
Latest Reply
Ravi
Valued Contributor
  • 5 kudos

Hi @Rithwik Aditya Manoj Malla​ , as requested by @Prabakar Ammeappin​ earlier could you please share the code block and the error details. Also, you can refer to the below doc to authenticate ADB from TF code.https://registry.terraform.io/providers/...

• 5 kudos
3 More Replies
mcharl02
by New Contributor III
  • 9 replies
  • 6 kudos

How do I restore auto-close quote & auto-close parentheses functionality?

Over the last two days, my team's databricks notebooks (using Python interpreter) have stopped automatically adding a close single quote (') with a cursor between the two. Same issue with automatically adding close parentheses.The cluster has been re...

• 9 replies
  • 6 kudos
Latest Reply
Sajesh
New Contributor III
  • 6 kudos

The fix for this issue will be most likely released to all regions/workspaces by 18th Nov 21

• 6 kudos
8 More Replies
User16790091296
by Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 5 kudos

Resolved! How do I use databricks-cli without manual configuration

I want to use databricks cli:databricks clusters listbut this requires a manual step that requires interactive work with the user:databricks configure --tokenIs there a way to use databricks cli without manual intervention so that you can run it as p...

• 2 replies
  • 5 kudos
Latest Reply
alexott
Valued Contributor II
  • 5 kudos

You can set two environment variables: DATABRICKS_HOST and DATABRICKS_TOKEN, and databricks-cli will use them. See the example of that in the DevOps pipelinesee the full list of environment variables at the end of the Authentication section of docume...

• 5 kudos
1 More Replies
kjoth
by Contributor II
  • 7 replies
  • 12 kudos

Resolved! Databricks cluster Encryption keystore_password

How to set up this value? Is this any value we can provide or the default value we have to p#!/bin/bash   keystore_file="/dbfs/<keystore_directory>/jetty_ssl_driver_keystore.jks" keystore_password="gb1gQqZ9ZIHS" sasl_secret=$(sha256sum $keystore_file...

• 7 replies
  • 12 kudos
Latest Reply
Prabakar
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 12 kudos

Hi @karthick J​ please refer to this notebook.https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/databricks/_static/notebooks/cluster-encryption-init-script.htmlFurther, if you will be using %pip magic command the below post will be helpful.https://community.dat...

• 12 kudos
6 More Replies
sarvesh
by Contributor III
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Can we read an excel file with many sheets with there indexes?

I am trying to read a excel file which has 3 sheets which have integers as there names,sheet 1 name = 21sheet 2 name = 24sheet 3 name = 224i got this data from a user so I can't change the sheet name, but with spark reading these is an issue.code -v...

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
StephanieRivera
by Valued Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 3 kudos

Resolved! Best Data Model for moving from DW to Delta lake

I’m curious what Databricks recommends how we model the data. Do they recommend that the data be in 3rd normal form (3NF). Or should be it be dimensionally modeled (facts and dimensions)

• 2 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
-werners-
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 3 kudos

It all depends on the use case.3NF is ideal for transactional systems. So for a data warehouse/lakehouse that might not be ideal.However there certainly are cases where it is interesting.Star schema's are def still relevant, BUT with the processing p...

• 3 kudos
1 More Replies
Junee
by New Contributor III
  • 7 replies
  • 3 kudos

Resolved! What happens to the clusters whose jobs are canceled or terminated due to failures? (Jobs triggered through Job API2.1 using runs/submit)

I am using Databeicks Job Api 2.1 to trigger and run my jobs. "jobs/runs/submit" this API helps in starting the cluster, as well as create the job and run it. This API works great for normal jobs as it also cleans the cluster once job is finished suc...

• 7 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
User16871418122
Contributor III
  • 3 kudos

@Junee, Anytime! It is crisply mentioned in the doc too. https://docs.databricks.com/clusters/index.html

• 3 kudos
6 More Replies
Kaniz
by Community Manager
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

Using literal_eval is not needed (and it is not good idea - when you want to evaluate something answer is don't do it). Just use something from below code:our_dict[key] = value   # for example in list comprehension our_dict = {value: count for count,...

• 0 kudos
francescocamuss
by New Contributor III
  • 13 replies
  • 10 kudos

Resolved! Databricks rbase container: Rstudio doesn´t work

Hello, How are you? I hope you are doing well!I´m trying to use a databrick´s image (link: containers/ubuntu/R at master · databricks/containers (github.com)) to run a container when starting a cluster. I need that Rstudio is installed on the contain...

1 2 3 5
  • 13 replies
  • 10 kudos
Latest Reply
Prabakar
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 10 kudos

If the issue is resolved would you be happy to mark the answer as best so that others can quickly find the solution in the future.

• 10 kudos
12 More Replies
Chris_Shehu
by Valued Contributor III
  • 7 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! Can I disable the workspace directory for specific user groups?

We want to use the REPO directory in our production environment only and have a dev environment with less restrictions. If I use the checkbox on the group admin screen to disable workspace access, it locks out the entire Data Engineering section.

• 7 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Chris_Shehu
Valued Contributor III
  • 2 kudos

So I found a way to get 85% of the way there:1) Disable workspace access for the users group.2) Create a new group or use another group that you created for the next step.3) Go to the workspace and right click on whitespace in the root directory.4) A...

• 2 kudos
6 More Replies
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors