cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
Join discussions on data engineering best practices, architectures, and optimization strategies within the Databricks Community. Exchange insights and solutions with fellow data engineers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create a new cluster in Databricks using databricks-cli

User16765131552
Contributor III

I'm trying to create a new cluster in Databricks on Azure using databricks-cli.

I'm using the following command:

databricks clusters create --json '{ "cluster_name": "template2", "spark_version": "4.1.x-scala2.11" }'

And getting back this error: 

Error: {"error_code":"INVALID_PARAMETER_VALUE","message":"Missing required field: size"}

I can't find documentation on this issue, would be happy to receive some help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

User16765131552
Contributor III

I found the right answer here.

The correct format to run this command on azure is:

databricks clusters create --json '{ "cluster_name": "my-cluster", "spark_version": "4.1.x-scala2.11", "node_type_id": "Standard_DS3_v2", "autoscale" : { "min_workers": 2, "max_workers": 50 } }'

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

User16765131552
Contributor III

I found the right answer here.

The correct format to run this command on azure is:

databricks clusters create --json '{ "cluster_name": "my-cluster", "spark_version": "4.1.x-scala2.11", "node_type_id": "Standard_DS3_v2", "autoscale" : { "min_workers": 2, "max_workers": 50 } }'

Join 100K+ Data Experts: Register Now & Grow with Us!

Excited to expand your horizons with us? Click here to Register and begin your journey to success!

Already a member? Login and join your local regional user group! If there isn’t one near you, fill out this form and we’ll create one for you to join!