Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Databricks VSCode Extension Sync Timeout

marianopenn
New Contributor III

I am using the databricks VSCode extension to sync my local repository to Databricks Workspaces. I have everything configured such that smaller syncs work fine, but a full sync of my repository leads to the following error:

Sync Error: Post "https://<my-workspace>.cloud.databricks.com/api/2.0/workspace-files/import-file/Users%2F<my-username>%2F.ide%2F<my-repo>%2Fthird_party_lambdas%2Faws-dd-forwarder-3.58.0.zip?overwrite=true": context deadline exceeded (Client.Timeout exceeded while awaiting headers)

I'm wondering if there is a way to ignore certain folders in the repo which I don't necessarily need to sync.. Any advice would help, thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

kimongrigorakis
New Contributor II

Same issue here..... Can someone please help??

One possible workaround is to include very large directories inside the .gitignore file...

I did so for my .venv directory...

However this doesn't really solve the problem...

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.