Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

g96g
by New Contributor III
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! ADF pipeline fails when passing the parameter to databricks

I have project where I have to read the data from NETSUITE using API. Databricks Notebook runs perfectly when I manually insert the table names I want to read from the source. I have dataset (csv) file in adf with all the table names that I need to r...

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
mcwir
Contributor
  • 0 kudos

Have you tried do debug the json payload of adf trigger ? maybe it wrongly conveys tables names

• 0 kudos
7 More Replies
Ramabadran
by New Contributor II
  • 6 replies
  • 5 kudos

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: scala/Product$class

Hi I am getting "java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: scala/Product$class" error while using Deequ 1.0.5 version. Please suggest fix to this problem or any work around Error Py4JJavaError Traceback (most recent call last) <command-2625366351750561> in...

• 6 replies
  • 5 kudos
Latest Reply
mcwir
Contributor
  • 5 kudos

its seems like maven issue

• 5 kudos
5 More Replies
tanin
by Contributor
  • 4 replies
  • 7 kudos

Does anybody feel the unit test on Dataset is slow? (much slower than RDD). This is in Scala.

I profile it and it seems the slowness comes from Spark planning, especially for a more complex job (e.g. 100+ joins). Is there a way to speed it up (e.g. by disabling certain optimization)?

• 4 replies
  • 7 kudos
Latest Reply
mcwir
Contributor
  • 7 kudos

I had similar feeling recently.

• 7 kudos
3 More Replies
Merchiv
by New Contributor III
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! How to use uuid in SQL merge into statement

I have a Merge into statement that I use to update existing entries or create new entries in a dimension table based on a natural business key.When creating new entries I would like to also create a unique uuid for that entry that I can use to crossr...

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
-werners-
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 1 kudos

you might wanna look into an identity column, which is possible now in delta lake.https://www.databricks.com/blog/2022/08/08/identity-columns-to-generate-surrogate-keys-are-now-available-in-a-lakehouse-near-you.html

• 1 kudos
2 More Replies
KVNARK
by Honored Contributor II
  • 3 replies
  • 11 kudos

Is there any limitation in querying the no. of SQL queries in Databricks SQL workspace.

Is there any limitation in querying the no. of SQL queries in Databricks SQL workspace. 

• 3 replies
  • 11 kudos
Latest Reply
Rajeev_Basu
Contributor III
  • 11 kudos

1000 has been documented to be by default, though I have never checked the correctness.

• 11 kudos
2 More Replies
Ajay-Pandey
by Esteemed Contributor III
  • 2 replies
  • 9 kudos

Kafka integration with Databricks

Hi allI want to integrate Kafka with databricks if anyone can share any doc or code it will help me a lot.Thanks in advance

• 2 replies
  • 9 kudos
Latest Reply
Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 9 kudos

This is code that I am using to read from KafkainputDF = (spark .readStream .format("kafka") .option("kafka.bootstrap.servers", host) .option("kafka.ssl.endpoint.identification.algorithm", "https") .option("kafka.sasl.mechanism", "PLAIN") .option("ka...

• 9 kudos
1 More Replies
rpshgupta
by New Contributor III
  • 8 replies
  • 6 kudos

Databricks notebook failed with "Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: Operation failed: "The specified path does not exist.", 404, HEAD, https://adls.dfs.core.windows.net/raw/file.csv?upn=false&action=getStatus&timeout=90".

org.apache.spark.SparkException: Job aborted due to stage failure: Task 0 in stage 458.0 failed 4 times, most recent failure: Lost task 0.3 in stage 458.0 (TID 2247) (172.18.102.75 executor 1): com.databricks.sql.io.FileReadException: Error while rea...

• 8 replies
  • 6 kudos
Latest Reply
Vidula
Honored Contributor
  • 6 kudos

Hi @Rupesh gupta​ Hope you are well. Just wanted to see if you were able to find an answer to your question and would you like to mark an answer as best? It would be really helpful for the other members too.Cheers!

• 6 kudos
7 More Replies
Ryan_Chynoweth
by Honored Contributor III
  • 2 replies
  • 4 kudos

Connecting to Azure SQL from Azure Databricks with firewalls

We are trying to connect to an Azure SQL Server from Azure Databricks using JDBC, but have faced issues because our firewall blocks everything. We decided to whitelist IPs from the SQL Server side and add a public subnet to make the connection work. ...

• 2 replies
  • 4 kudos
Latest Reply
Ryan_Chynoweth
Honored Contributor III
  • 4 kudos

Using subnets for Databricks connectivity is the correct thing to do. This way you ensure the resources (clusters) can connect to the SQL Database. We also recommend using NPIP (No Public IPs) so that there won't be any public ip associated with the...

• 4 kudos
1 More Replies
nameziane
by New Contributor III
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos

Set version (VERSION AS OF) dynamically from return of a subquery

Hello,We have a business request to compare the evolution in a certain delta table.We would like to compare the latest version of the table with the previous one using Delta time travel.The main issue we are facing is to retrieve programmatically us...

• 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
apingle
Contributor
  • 2 kudos

In the docs it says that "'Neither timestamp_expression nor version can be subqueries." So it does sound challenging. I also tried playing with widgets to see if it could be populated using SQL but didn't succeed. With python it's really easy to do.

• 2 kudos
3 More Replies
cmilligan
by Contributor II
  • 3 replies
  • 4 kudos

Resolved! Pass through if a job was run as scheduled or if manual

I have a notebook that sets up parameters for the run based on some job parameters set by the user as well as the current date of the run. I want to supersede some of this logic and just use the manual values if kicked off manually. Is there a way to...

• 3 replies
  • 4 kudos
Latest Reply
SS2
Valued Contributor
  • 4 kudos

You can create widgets by using this- dbutils.widgets.text("widgetName", "")To get the value for that widget:- dbutils.widgets.get("widgetName")So by using this you can manually create widgets (variable) and can run the process by giving desired valu...

• 4 kudos
2 More Replies
rrussell25
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Read arguments in a scala note invoked by a job.

In a scala note, how to I read input arguments (e.g. those proved by a job that runs a scala notebook). In python, dbutils.notebook.entry_point.getCurrentBindings() works. How about for scala.

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
UmaMahesh1
Honored Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Robert Russell​ You can use dbutils.notebook.getContext.currentRunId in scala notebooks. Other methods are also available likedbutils.notebook.getContext.jobGroupdbutils.notebook.getContext.rootRunId dbutils.notebook.getContext.tags etc...You ...

• 0 kudos
RajibRajib_Mand
by New Contributor III
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Reading Password protected excel(.xlsx) file in databricks

I want to read password protected excel file and load the data delta table.Can you pleas let me know how this can be achieved in databricks?

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
igorsalo22
New Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

df = spark.read.format("com.crealytics.spark.excel")\  .option("dataAddress", "'Base'!A1")\  .option("header", "true")\  .option("workbookPassword", "test")\  .load("test.xlsx")display(df)

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
DK03
by Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
UmaMahesh1
Honored Contributor III
  • 2 kudos

As @Werner Stinckens​ said, it would be ok. But generally decimal column joins are not recommended as other factors come into play like the precision, length etc...Also when you are joining in on decimal columns, be sure to check out the abs value of...

• 2 kudos
1 More Replies
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors