cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
Join discussions on data engineering best practices, architectures, and optimization strategies within the Databricks Community. Exchange insights and solutions with fellow data engineers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DBT Jobs || API call returns "Internal Error"

dcc
New Contributor

Hey there,

I am currently using the Databricks API to trigger a specific DBT job. For this, I am calling the API in a Web Activity on Azure datafactory and sending as headers the token and for the body I am sending the Job ID and the necessary vars I need for DBT.

Sometimes I get a "Internal Error", I cannot replicate the error since I don't know the cause, but when I do a retrial it works perfectly.

More details: I was using 2.1 version of the API, I already tried downgrading for 2.0 still get the same error sometimes. Also, I don't believe the problem is related to the body/headers since the retrial works and uses the exact same body/headers.

What could be a possible solution for this issue? Any workarrounds I can use to make sure this error does not occur?

2 REPLIES 2

Kaniz_Fatma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @dcc, When encountering an “Internal Error” while using the Databricks API, it can be frustrating due to its vague nature.

However, let’s explore some potential solutions and workarounds:

Refresh and Restart:

• Sometimes, refreshing your browser page or restarting the SQL warehouse can resolve intermittent issues. If you’re using a web interface, try refreshing the page.
  • Ensure that you’re not encountering any browser-related issues.
  • Verify if the error persists after refreshing or restarting.

Check Dependencies:

• Double-check your code and configuration to ensure there are no issues specific to your implementation.
  • Verify that all required dependencies are available and correctly set up in the Databricks environment.
  • Retry the execution to see if the error persists.

Log Out and Log In:

Cluster Considerations:

• Consider using a job cluster instead of an interactive cluster.
  • Configure context auto-eviction (for AWS or Azure) to remove idle execution contexts.
  • Use fewer notebooks

jose_gonzalez

Could you please share the driver logs? it will help us to narrow down the issue

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you won’t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isn’t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group