cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
Join discussions on data engineering best practices, architectures, and optimization strategies within the Databricks Community. Exchange insights and solutions with fellow data engineers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different result between manual and automated task run

Harispap
New Contributor
I have a notebook where I bring info about a previous task run metadata from the API ".... /jobs/runs/get". The response should be a dictionary that contains information such as task key, run if, run page URL etc. 

When I run the notebook as part of a scheduled ETL workflow the notebook failed with a key error that the 'result state' key was not found in the 'state' dictionary. However when I run it manually, the notebook didn't fail and the 'result state' key contained a valid value.

How is it possible to have different result between manual and automated task run?
Is there any case that the state of the job or tasks might have been different when the notebook was executed automatically compared to when I ran it manually. For example, the job might have completed and populated all the expected keys by the time I ran it manually.
1 REPLY 1

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Harispap

Yes, it’s possible to have different results between a manual and an automated task run. This could be due to a few reasons:

To debug this issue, you could log the API response in both the manual and automated runs to see if there are any differences. Also, ensure that your automated task is using the same version of the API as your manual task. If the issue persists, you might want to reach out to us for further assistance.

Join 100K+ Data Experts: Register Now & Grow with Us!

Excited to expand your horizons with us? Click here to Register and begin your journey to success!

Already a member? Login and join your local regional user group! If there isn’t one near you, fill out this form and we’ll create one for you to join!