cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLT CDC SCD-1 pipeline not showing stats when reading from parquet file

JVesely
New Contributor III

Hi,

I followed the tutorial here: https://docs.databricks.com/en/delta-live-tables/cdc.html#how-is-cdc-implemented-with-delta-live-tab...

The only change I did is that data is not appended to a table but is read from a parquet file. In practice this means:

Original:

@dlt.view
def users():
  return spark.readStream.format("delta").table("cdc_data.users")

My code

@dlt.view
def vcp_analyte_source():
  return (
    spark.readStream.format("cloudFiles") \
      .option("cloudFiles.format", "parquet") \
      .option("cloudFiles.schemaEvolutionMode", "none") \
      .schema(vcp_analytes_schema) \
      .load(vcp_analytes_data_path)
  )

This works, the hidden "_apply_changes_storage_" table is filled with data from the parquet files and the resulting "gold" view gives expected number of records.

However, when I go to the delta live tables dashboard where the streaming tables are rendered (see attached file), the number of "upserted" and "deleted" records is not available even though 2000 records have been ingested. 

Is that a "feature" of working with parquet files, known bug or something I have to enable elsewhere? If this is how it is, is there anywhere else to look for good record ingestion performance statistics? 

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JVesely
New Contributor III

My bad - waiting a bit and doing a proper screen refresh does show the numbers. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

JVesely
New Contributor III

My bad - waiting a bit and doing a proper screen refresh does show the numbers. 

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.