cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Data Engineering
Join discussions on data engineering best practices, architectures, and optimization strategies within the Databricks Community. Exchange insights and solutions with fellow data engineers.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Do we really need Autoloader for batch processing.?

Mr__D
New Contributor II

Hi All,

It seem AutoLoader is good option for even driven data ingestion but if my job runs only once , do I still need autoloader ? I dont want to spend money to spin a cluster whole day.

I know we have RunOnce option available while running a job but apart from this is there any profit of using Autoloader in batch processing ?

Thanks,

2 REPLIES 2

Lakshay
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hi @Deepak Bhattโ€‹ , Autoloader is used for Streaming applications. If you have a batch application, you can schedule your job to run as per schedule.

You can check the Autoloader doc here:- https://docs.databricks.com/ingestion/auto-loader/index.html

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Deepak Bhattโ€‹ 

Help us build a vibrant and resourceful community by recognizing and highlighting insightful contributions. Mark the best answers and show your appreciation!

Thanks and regards

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you wonโ€™t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isnโ€™t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group