Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

hamzatazib96
by New Contributor III
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Snowflake/GCP error: Premature end of chunk coded message body: closing chunk expected

Hello all,I've been experiencing the error described below, where I try to query a table from Snowflake which is about ~5.5B rows and ~30columns, and it fails almost systematically; specifically, either the Spark Job doesn't even start or I get the ...

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Vidula
Honored Contributor
  • 1 kudos

Hey there @hamzatazib96​ Does @Kaniz Fatma​  response answer your question? If yes, would you be happy to mark it as best so that other members can find the solution more quickly?We'd love to hear from you.Thanks!

• 1 kudos
1 More Replies
Anonymous
by Not applicable
  • 5 replies
  • 3 kudos

Encryption/Decryption options in ADB

Hello all,We are working on one of the client requirements to implement suitable data encryption in Azure Databricks.We should be able to encrypt and decrypt the data based on the access, we explored fernet library but client denied it saying it degr...

• 5 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
Vidula
Honored Contributor
  • 3 kudos

Hi @purushotham Chanda​ Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. We'd love to hear from you...

• 3 kudos
4 More Replies
Ambika
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Error while Resetting my Community Edition Password

I recently tried to create my account with Databricks Community Edition. I have singed up for it and received verification email. After that I have to reset my password. But while doing so I am always getting the following error. Can someone help me ...

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Debayan
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 1 kudos

Could you please mail the error to support@databricks.com with the email ID you are trying to reset for.

• 1 kudos
Zoltar
by New Contributor III
  • 6 replies
  • 12 kudos

Resolved! UI Improvements / Personalization?

I have a few suggestions for UI improvement on Databricks console -- Or maybe if anyone has figured out a way (using greasemonkey or similar scripts) to make some changes to Databricks UI -- i would like to know. # 1 - Workspace NavigationCan we have...

image image interface_left image
  • 6 replies
  • 12 kudos
Latest Reply
Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 12 kudos

Great ideas.I know that regarding #1 new file manager is in development.#3 I also proposed when we discussed possible improvements.@Lindsay Olson​ @Jose Gonzalez​ @Prabakar Ammeappin​ maybe we can push it as user feedback as that are great ideas with...

• 12 kudos
5 More Replies
Mr__E
by Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 3 kudos

Sync prod WS DBs to dev WS DBs

We have a couple sources we'd already set up to stream to prod using a 3p system. Is there a way to sync this directly to our dev workspace to build pipelines? eg. directly connecting to a cluster in prod and pull with a job cluster, dump to S3 and u...

• 2 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 3 kudos

Hi @Erik Louie​ , We haven't heard from you on the last response from @Debayan Mukherjee​, and I was checking back to see if his suggestions helped you. Or else, If you have any solution, please share it with the community as it can be helpful to oth...

• 3 kudos
1 More Replies
spyderfaye
by New Contributor II
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Has anyone come across an issue where a table join fails for a single row, when there is no reason for this to happen?

So, I have a super simple left join from one table to another it's purpose to retrieve the date of birth for a customer from the customer ID FK in the transaction table to the customer ID PK in the customer table. A customer will have several transac...

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Vidula
Honored Contributor
  • 1 kudos

Hi @Faye Hughes​ Thank you so much for getting back to us. It's really great of you to send in the solution and mark the answer as best. We really appreciate your time.Wish you a great Databricks journey ahead!

• 1 kudos
2 More Replies
Michael_Galli
by Contributor II
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos

Streaming with Delta table source- definition of "File"?

Hi all,I have a Delta Table as a Spark Streaming source.This table contains signals on row level -> each signal is one append to the source table that creates a new version in the delta transaction history.I am not really sure now how Spark streaming...

• 3 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
Vidula
Honored Contributor
  • 3 kudos

Hey there @Michael Galli​ Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. We'd love to hear from y...

• 3 kudos
2 More Replies
j02424
by New Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 4 kudos

Best practice to delete /dbfs/tmp ?

What is best practice regarding the tmp folder? We have a very large amount of data in that folder and not sure whether to delete, back up etc?

• 2 replies
  • 4 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 4 kudos

Hi @James Owen​, We haven’t heard from you on the last response from @Debayan Mukherjee​, and I was checking back to see if his suggestions helped you. Or else, If you have any solution, please do share that with the community as it can be helpful to...

• 4 kudos
1 More Replies
yatharthmahesh
by New Contributor III
  • 4 replies
  • 6 kudos

ENABLE CHANGE DATA FEED FOR EXISTING DELTA-TABLE

I have a delta table already created, now I want to enable the change data feed. I read that I have to set delta.enableChangeDataFeed property to true. But however, this cannot be done using the Scala API. I tried using this but it didn't work. I am ...

• 4 replies
  • 6 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 6 kudos

Hi @Yatharth Maheshwari​, We haven’t heard from you on the last response from @Jose Gonzalez​, and I was checking back to see if his suggestions helped you. Or else, If you have any solution, please do share that with the community as it can be helpf...

• 6 kudos
3 More Replies
AnandR
by New Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

I have 2 roles created for my Dbricks acc on AWS. Want to know which role will be used by Dbricks for AWS resources (ex. Cluster Creation)

I have 1 role with AWS root account and 1 role wit AWS non-root account. How do I tell Dbricks to use specific role for cluster creation ? Please guide me here or if any documentation will also suffice . Thanks.

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 1 kudos

Hi @Anandkumar Ravikumar​ , We haven't heard from you on the last response from @Aman Sehgal​, and I was checking back to see if his suggestions helped you. Or else, If you have any solution, please share it with the community as it can be helpful to...

• 1 kudos
1 More Replies
TT1
by New Contributor III
  • 3 replies
  • 8 kudos
  • 3 replies
  • 8 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 8 kudos

Hi @Thao Ton​, We haven't heard from you on the last response from @Hubert Dudek​ and @Aman Sehgal​, and I was checking back to see if their suggestions helped you. Or else, If you have any solution, please share it with the community as it can be he...

• 8 kudos
2 More Replies
zyang
by Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 4 kudos

pyspark delta table schema evolution

I am using the schema evolution in the delta table and the code is written in databricks notebook. df.write .format("delta") .mode("append") .option("mergeSchema", "true") .partitionBy("date") .save(path)But I ...

• 1 replies
  • 4 kudos
Latest Reply
Noopur_Nigam
Valued Contributor II
  • 4 kudos

Hi @z yang​ Please provide the df creation code as well to understand the complete exception and scenario.

• 4 kudos
Bharath_1610
by New Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Check Existence of table

Hi Team,How do we check the existence of a table in ADF container using SQL query in Databricks?Thanks in advance.

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Noopur_Nigam
Valued Contributor II
  • 1 kudos

Hi, please elaborate on the issue for us to help you resolve it.

• 1 kudos
1 More Replies
lokeshr
by New Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Clarity on usage STREAM while defining DLT tables

Hi, I am currently trying to learn Databricks and going through tutorials and learning materials. I came across this link https://databricks.com/discover/pages/getting-started-with-delta-live-tablesWhile I get most of what is described in page, I fin...

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
jose_gonzalez
  • 1 kudos

Hi @Lokesh Raju​,Just a friendly follow-up. Did Tomasz's response help you to resolved your question? If it did, please mark it as best.

• 1 kudos
1 More Replies
KumarShiv
by New Contributor III
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! Databricks Spark SQL function "PERCENTILE_DISC()" output not accurate.

I am try to get the percentile values on different splits but I got that the result of Databricks PERCENTILE_DISC() function is not accurate . I have run the same query on MS SQL but getting different result set.Here are both result sets for Pyspark ...

• 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
artsheiko
Valued Contributor III
  • 2 kudos

The reason might be that in SQL PERCENTILE_DISC is nondeterministic

• 2 kudos
1 More Replies
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors