cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

by New Contributor
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Noteboook-scoped env variables?

Is it possible to set environment variables at the notebook level instead of the cluster level? Will they be available in the workers in addition to the driver? Can they override the env variables set at the cluster level?

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 1 kudos

Hi @Martim Lobao​, We haven't heard from you on the last response from @Prabakar​ , and I was checking back to see if his suggestions helped you. Or else, If you have any solution, please share it with the community as it can be helpful to others.Als...

• 1 kudos
2 More Replies
data_testing1
by New Contributor III
  • 6 replies
  • 6 kudos

Resolved! How much of this tutorial or blog post can I run before starting a cloud instance of databricks?

I'm new to python and databricks so I'm still running tests on features, and not sure how much of this can be run without databricks which I guess requires an AWS or Google cloud account? Can I do all three stages without the AWS databricks or how fa...

• 6 replies
  • 6 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 6 kudos

Hi @Andrew Schell​, Please don't forget to click on the "Select As Best" button whenever the information provided helps resolve your question.@Hubert Dudek​, Thank you for your response.

• 6 kudos
5 More Replies
RicksDB
by Contributor II
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos

Resolved! Maximum job execution per hour

Hi, what is the maximum number of jobs we can execute in an hour for a given workspace?This page mentions 5000https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/databricks/data-engineering/jobs/jobsThe number of jobs a workspace can create in an hour is limited ...

• 3 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 3 kudos

Hi @E H​  , We haven’t heard from you on the last response from @Sivaprasad C S​, and I was checking back to see if his suggestions helped you. Or else, If you have any solution, please share it with the community as it can be helpful to others.

• 3 kudos
2 More Replies
Tahseen0354
by Contributor III
  • 4 replies
  • 3 kudos

Resolved! Why I am not receiving any mail sent to the Azure AD Group mailbox when databricks job fails ?

I have created an Azure AD Group in "Microsoft 365" type with its own email address, which being added to the Notification of a Databricks Job (on failure). But there is no mail sent to the Azure Group mailbox when the job fails.I am able to send a d...

• 4 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
Vidula
Honored Contributor
  • 3 kudos

Hi @Md Tahseen Anam​ Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue. If yes, would you be happy to mark an answer as best? If not, please tell us so we can help you.Thanks!

• 3 kudos
3 More Replies
BradSheridan
by Valued Contributor
  • 20 replies
  • 3 kudos

Resolved! Cloudformation error when launching Databricks in AWS

I've seen many posts here in the Community as potential solutions to this error, but none seem to be a solution for us. We are trying to launch the 14 day free trial of Databricks from the AWS Marketplace and are getting the error below. Moreover, ...

• 20 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
BradSheridan
Valued Contributor
  • 3 kudos

Here are some answers:copyObject error - we were using a Databricks provided cloudformation template but this error goes away when we use the AWS provided templatecreateWorkspace error - we had subscribed>unsubscribed>resubscribed to Databricks via t...

• 3 kudos
19 More Replies
noimeta
by Contributor II
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

Apply change data with delete and schema evolution

Hi,Currently, I'm using structure streaming to insert/update/delete to a table. A row will be deleted if value in 'Operation' column is 'deleted'. Everything seems to work fine until there's a new column.Since I don't need 'Operation' column in the t...

• 4 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
User16753725469
Contributor II
  • 1 kudos

please go through this documentation https://docs.delta.io/latest/api/python/index.html

• 1 kudos
3 More Replies
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Spark Error when running python script on databricks

I have the following basic script that works fine using pycharm on my machine.from pyspark.sql import SparkSessionprint("START")spark = SparkSession \ .Builder() \ .appName("myapp") \ .master('local[*, 4]') \ .getOrCreate()print(spark)dat...

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Vidula
Honored Contributor
  • 1 kudos

Hi @Patricia Mayer​ Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue or do you need more help? We'd love to hear from you.Thanks!

• 1 kudos
1 More Replies
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos

Advanced ML Virtual Training Video from 2022 Summit (not currently accessible)

There does not seem to be a way to log into and view the recent "paid" training sessions from the 2022 Data/AI Summit. I was able to log in and view the videos yesterday, but the website currently posted has no option for logging in/access. Is the...

• 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Vidula
Honored Contributor
  • 2 kudos

Hey there @Christopher Warner​ Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue or do you need more help? We'd love to hear from you.Thanks!

• 2 kudos
1 More Replies
pawelmitrus
by New Contributor III
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

Why Databricks spawns multiple jobs

I have a Delta table spark101.airlines (sourced from `/databricks-datasets/airlines/`) partitioned by `Year`. My `spark.sql.shuffle.partitions` is set to default 200. I run a simple query:select Origin, count(*) from spark101.airlines group by Origi...

• 4 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
User16753725469
Contributor II
  • 1 kudos

Could you please paste the query plan here to analyse the issue

• 1 kudos
3 More Replies
hamzatazib96
by New Contributor III
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Snowflake/GCP error: Premature end of chunk coded message body: closing chunk expected

Hello all,I've been experiencing the error described below, where I try to query a table from Snowflake which is about ~5.5B rows and ~30columns, and it fails almost systematically; specifically, either the Spark Job doesn't even start or I get the ...

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Vidula
Honored Contributor
  • 1 kudos

Hey there @hamzatazib96​ Does @Kaniz Fatma​  response answer your question? If yes, would you be happy to mark it as best so that other members can find the solution more quickly?We'd love to hear from you.Thanks!

• 1 kudos
1 More Replies
Anonymous
by Not applicable
  • 5 replies
  • 3 kudos

Encryption/Decryption options in ADB

Hello all,We are working on one of the client requirements to implement suitable data encryption in Azure Databricks.We should be able to encrypt and decrypt the data based on the access, we explored fernet library but client denied it saying it degr...

• 5 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
Vidula
Honored Contributor
  • 3 kudos

Hi @purushotham Chanda​ Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. We'd love to hear from you...

• 3 kudos
4 More Replies
Ambika
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Error while Resetting my Community Edition Password

I recently tried to create my account with Databricks Community Edition. I have singed up for it and received verification email. After that I have to reset my password. But while doing so I am always getting the following error. Can someone help me ...

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Debayan
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 1 kudos

Could you please mail the error to support@databricks.com with the email ID you are trying to reset for.

• 1 kudos
Zoltar
by New Contributor III
  • 6 replies
  • 12 kudos

Resolved! UI Improvements / Personalization?

I have a few suggestions for UI improvement on Databricks console -- Or maybe if anyone has figured out a way (using greasemonkey or similar scripts) to make some changes to Databricks UI -- i would like to know. # 1 - Workspace NavigationCan we have...

image image interface_left image
  • 6 replies
  • 12 kudos
Latest Reply
Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 12 kudos

Great ideas.I know that regarding #1 new file manager is in development.#3 I also proposed when we discussed possible improvements.@Lindsay Olson​ @Jose Gonzalez​ @Prabakar Ammeappin​ maybe we can push it as user feedback as that are great ideas with...

• 12 kudos
5 More Replies
Mr__E
by Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 3 kudos

Sync prod WS DBs to dev WS DBs

We have a couple sources we'd already set up to stream to prod using a 3p system. Is there a way to sync this directly to our dev workspace to build pipelines? eg. directly connecting to a cluster in prod and pull with a job cluster, dump to S3 and u...

• 2 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 3 kudos

Hi @Erik Louie​ , We haven't heard from you on the last response from @Debayan Mukherjee​, and I was checking back to see if his suggestions helped you. Or else, If you have any solution, please share it with the community as it can be helpful to oth...

• 3 kudos
1 More Replies
spyderfaye
by New Contributor II
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Has anyone come across an issue where a table join fails for a single row, when there is no reason for this to happen?

So, I have a super simple left join from one table to another it's purpose to retrieve the date of birth for a customer from the customer ID FK in the transaction table to the customer ID PK in the customer table. A customer will have several transac...

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Vidula
Honored Contributor
  • 1 kudos

Hi @Faye Hughes​ Thank you so much for getting back to us. It's really great of you to send in the solution and mark the answer as best. We really appreciate your time.Wish you a great Databricks journey ahead!

• 1 kudos
2 More Replies
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors