Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Trung
by Contributor
  • 5 replies
  • 5 kudos

Job fail due to Access Denied

please help me to solve the problem that my data bricks account can not start the Job by triggering manually or scheduling although I can run the script without error.

image.png
  • 5 replies
  • 5 kudos
Latest Reply
Vivian_Wilfred
Honored Contributor
  • 5 kudos

Hi @trung nguyen​ , Please check if you have the necessary instance profile attached to the Job cluster. You are definitely missing something related to the IAM.

• 5 kudos
4 More Replies
ekdz__
by New Contributor III
  • 5 replies
  • 10 kudos

Is there any way to save the notebook in the "Results Only" view?

Hi! I'm looking for a solution to save a notebook in HTML format that has the "Results Only" view (without the executed code). Is there any possibility to do that?Thank you

• 5 replies
  • 10 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 10 kudos

Hi @Eryk Kądziela​, We haven’t heard from you on the last response from @hubert, and I was checking back to see if his suggestions helped you. Or else, If you have any solution, please share it with the community as it can be helpful to others.

• 10 kudos
4 More Replies
Anonymous
by Not applicable
  • 4 replies
  • 4 kudos

Invalid shard address

I'm running pyspark through databricks-connect and getting an error saying```ERROR SparkClientManager: Fail to get the SparkClientjava.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: com.databricks.service.SparkServiceConnectionException: Invalid shard address:`...

• 4 replies
  • 4 kudos
Latest Reply
Prabakar
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 4 kudos

hi @Marco Wong​ was this working before and failing now? Are you behind a VPN or firewall? If so can you check by disabling it?enable traces at wireshark and collected dump to check if there is traffic going to workspace?Check if you can get curl wor...

• 4 kudos
3 More Replies
krsimons
by New Contributor
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

How do I automate my Databricks script?

How do I automate my Databricks script?

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Vartika
  • 0 kudos

Hey there @Kayla Simons​ Hope everything is going great.Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue. If yes, would you be happy to mark an answer as best so that other members can find the solution more quickly? If not, please tell...

• 0 kudos
2 More Replies
fshimamoto
by New Contributor III
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos

What are the best practices for schema drift using Delta Live tables, in a scenario where the main source is a no sql database and we have a lot of ch...

What are the best practices for schema drift using Delta Live tables, in a scenario where the main source is a no sql database and we have a lot of changes in the schema?​

• 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Vartika
  • 2 kudos

Hey there @Fernando Martin​ Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. We'd love to hear from...

• 2 kudos
2 More Replies
RajeshRK
by Contributor
  • 10 replies
  • 4 kudos

Databricks job fails while creating table.

Hi Team,The Databricks job fails with the below error while creating EXTERNAL table.com.simba.spark.jdbc41.internal.apache.http.wire - Error running query: MetaException(message:Got exception: org.apache.hadoop.fs.azure.AzureException com.microsoft.a...

• 10 replies
  • 4 kudos
Latest Reply
Vartika
  • 4 kudos

Hey there @Rajesh Kannan R​ Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. We'd love to hear from...

• 4 kudos
9 More Replies
by New Contributor III
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to set pipelines.incompatibleViewCheck.enabled = false

I tried to load a static table as source to a streaming dlt pipeline. I understand this is not optimum, but it provides the best path toward eventually having a full streaming pipeline. When I do I get the following error:pyspark.sql.utils.Analysis...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
kfoster
Contributor
  • 0 kudos

when you declare a table or view, you can pass use something as this: @dlt.table( spark_conf={ "pipelines.incompatibleViewCheck.enabled": "false" } )

• 0 kudos
PrebenOlsen
by New Contributor III
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Why does @dlt.table from a table give different results than from a view?

I have some data in silver that I read in as a view using the __apply_changes function on. I create a table based on this, and I then want to create my gold-table, after doing a .groupBy() and .pivot(). The transformations I do in the gold-table aren...

image image
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
PrebenOlsen
New Contributor III
  • 1 kudos

I have found a temporary solution to solve this. The .pivot("columnName") should automatically grab all the values it can find, but for some reason it does not. I need to specify the values, using.pivot("group_name", "group0", "group1", "group2"...) ...

• 1 kudos
SatishGunjal
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Data frame takes long time to print count of rows

We have a pyspark data frame with 50 MN records. We can display records from it, but it takes around 10 minutes to print the shape of dataframe. We aim to use this data for modelling that will take some numerical features based on the final data fra...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Hanna08
New Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

Thanks for the detailed explanation. For those who want to have constant technical support for their work processes, I recommend JD Young. Here is only the latest information about the update in the world of information technology solutions and cyber...

• 0 kudos
Cano
by New Contributor III
  • 1 replies
  • 2 kudos

How to add notebook to my Databricks jdbc url?

Please how do I add a notebook to the jdbc url in order to run queries externally?jdbc:databricks://dbc-a1b2345c-d6e7.cloud.databricks.com:443/default;transportMode=http;ssl=1;httpPath=sql/protocolv1/o/1234567890123456/1234-567890-reef123;AuthMech=3;...

• 1 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
ranged_coop
Valued Contributor II
  • 2 kudos

Not sure if it is possible.Alternatively you could try adding your notebook to a job, and then triggering that job via jobs api.Please refer below link Jobs API 2.1 | Databricks on AWS

• 2 kudos
Anonymous
by Not applicable
  • 7 replies
  • 5 kudos

COPY INTO command can not recognise MAP type value from JSON file

I have a delta table in Databricks with single column of type map<string, string> and I have a data file in JSON format created by Hive 3 for the table with thecolumn of same type. And I want to load data from file to Databricks's table using COPY IN...

• 7 replies
  • 5 kudos
Latest Reply
jose_gonzalez
  • 5 kudos

Hi Alexey,Just a friendly follow-up. Did any of the responses help you to resolve your question? if it did, please mark it as best. Otherwise, please let us know if you still need help.

• 5 kudos
6 More Replies
tomnguyen_195
by New Contributor III
  • 2 replies
  • 3 kudos

DLT maintenance job got stuck

Hi all,Recently we just realize a huge cost associate with our databricks account and the main culprit of it is DLT's pipeline maintenance job that got auto-scheduled to run but got stucked and cost us thousand of DBU. Do you know what would be the r...

• 2 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
tinai_long
New Contributor III
  • 3 kudos

Same question. These maintenance jobs run for the maximum timeout (168 hours) and do not terminate. Example below:

• 3 kudos
1 More Replies
Sha_1890
by New Contributor III
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to execute a series of stored procedures using scala in databricks

I am working in a migration project, where lift and shift method is used to migrate SQL server DB from onprem to AZure Cloud. There are a lot of stored procedures used for integration in On prem. Now here in On prem , to process the XMl file and exec...

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Noopur_Nigam
Valued Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

Hi @shafana Roohi Jahubar​ I hope that your queries are answered. Please let me know if you have more doubts.

• 0 kudos
7 More Replies
TMNGB
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! Does MERGE statement preserve order? (Slowly Changing Dimensions)

In the case of processing multiple source files - with potentially, one or multiple entity versions per source - being able to use the MERGE statement whilst preserving the order is key to ensure the correct versioning of entity versions (aka, versio...

• 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Noopur_Nigam
Valued Contributor II
  • 2 kudos

Hi @Guilherme Banhudo​ I hope that werners answer would have helped you. Please let me know if you still have doubts or queries.

• 2 kudos
1 More Replies
by New Contributor II
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Databricks S3A error - java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Class org.apache.hadoop.fs.s3a.commit.S3ACommitterFactory not found

We are getting the below error for runtime 10.x and 11.x when writing to s3 via saveAsNewAPIHadoopFile function. The same jobs are running fine on runtime 9.x and 7.x. The difference betwen 9.x and 10.x is the former has hadoop 2.7 bindings with sp...

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
New Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

We have resolved this issue by using s3 scheme instead of s3a i.e. pairRDD.saveAsNewAPIHadoopFile("s3://bucket/testout.dat",

• 0 kudos
3 More Replies
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors