Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid shard address

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm running pyspark through databricks-connect and getting an error saying

```

ERROR SparkClientManager: Fail to get the SparkClient

java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: com.databricks.service.SparkServiceConnectionException: Invalid shard address:

```

followed by my workspace address "https://dbc-xxxxxxxx-xxxx.cloud.databricks.com"

I didn't make any modifications or updates to my python or databricks-connect installation. How can I resolve this issue?

I have looked at a similar thread https://community.databricks.com/s/topic/0TO3f000000CmP9GAK/invalid-shard-address but that discussion did not provide any useful solution to solve my issue.

4 REPLIES 4

Prabakar
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

hi @Marco Wong​ was this working before and failing now?

Are you behind a VPN or firewall? If so can you check by disabling it?

enable traces at wireshark and collected dump to check if there is traffic going to workspace?

Check if you can get curl working with Databricks rest api for anything (workspace, cluster manager.. etc)?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes it was working before and now failing. I'm not behind a VPN/firewall. I'll try using wireshark and curl.

Anonymous
Not applicable

curl works with the databricks api but databricks-connect still doesn't work with the invalid shard address error

Hi,

Just a friendly follow-up. Did you have time to try Prabakar's response? let us know if you still need help or not.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.