Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error deleting a table

ronaldolopes
New Contributor

I'm trying to delete a table that was created from a csv and due to the file deletion, I can't execute the deletion, with the following error: I'm new to Databricks and I don't know how to fix this. Some help?Captura de tela de 2022-08-29 14-35-04

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AmanSehgal
Honored Contributor III

To delete the table, it's looking for underlying delta log file and because the file doesn't exist, it's throwing you that error.

Just drop the table.

drop table <table_name>

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

AmanSehgal
Honored Contributor III

To delete the table, it's looking for underlying delta log file and because the file doesn't exist, it's throwing you that error.

Just drop the table.

drop table <table_name>

You have a managed table, so when you do 'drop table <table_name>' it will remove the underlining data + metadata. If this was an external table, then a "drop table <table_name>" will not remove the data associated to the table. I just thought about sharing this, to show the difference between managed and unmanaged (external) tables

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.