Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

User16826991422
by Contributor
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! How do I create a single CSV file from multiple partitions in Databricks / Spark?

Using sparkcsv to write data to dbfs, which I plan to move to my laptop via standard s3 copy commands. The default for spark csv is to write output into partitions. I can force it to a single partition, but would really like to know if there is a ge...

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
ChristianHomber
New Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

Without access to bash it would be highly appreciated if an option within databricks (e.g. via dbfsutils) existed.

• 0 kudos
11 More Replies
tunguyen90
by New Contributor
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

How to change line separator for csv file exported from dataframe in databricks

Hello, Currently, I'm facing problem with line separator inside csv file, which is exported from data frame in Azure Databricks (version Spark 2.4.3) to Azure Blob storage. All those csv files contains LF as line-separator. I need to have CRLF (\r\n...

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Nikhila
New Contributor II
  • 1 kudos

Hi, Have you got the solution for above problem.Kindly let me know.

• 1 kudos
2 More Replies
tismith1_558848
by New Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Change size or aspect ratio of ggplot visualizations

I understand that plots in R notebooks are captured by a png graphics device. Is there a way to set the size or the aspect ratio of the canvas? I understand that I can resize the rendered .png by dragging the handle in the notebook, but that means I...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
kassandra
New Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

Hi @sdaza​ , the answer above didn't change the size somehow, or perhaps I was putting it in the wrong place? I entered it in a new cell before the %sql cell with the plot chart. 

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
bhosskie
by New Contributor
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to merge two data frames column-wise in Apache Spark

I have the following two data frames which have just one column each and have exact same number of rows. How do I merge them so that I get a new data frame which has the two columns and all rows from both the data frames. For example, df1: +-----+...

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
AmolZinjade
New Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

@bhosskie from pyspark.sql import SparkSession spark = SparkSession.builder.appName("Spark SQL basic example").enableHiveSupport().getOrCreate() sc = spark.sparkContext sqlDF1 = spark.sql("select count(*) as Total FROM user_summary") sqlDF2 = sp...

• 0 kudos
8 More Replies
cfregly
by Contributor
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
MichaelHuntsber
New Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

I have 8 GB of internal memory, but several MB of them are free but I also have an additional memory with an 8 GB memory card. Anyway, there is no enough space and the memory card is completely empty.essay service

• 0 kudos
8 More Replies
nmud19
by New Contributor II
  • 8 replies
  • 6 kudos

how to delete a folder in databricks mnt?

I have a folder at location dbfs:/mnt/temp I need to delete this folder. I tried using %fs rm mnt/temp & dbutils.fs.rm("mnt/temp") Could you please help me out with what I am doing wrong?

• 8 replies
  • 6 kudos
Latest Reply
amitca71
Contributor II
  • 6 kudos

use this (last raw should not be indented twice...): def delete_mounted_dir(dirname): files=dbutils.fs.ls(dirname) for f in files: if f.isDir(): delete_mounted_dir(f.path) dbutils.fs.rm(f.path, recurse=True)

• 6 kudos
7 More Replies
vamsivarun007
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos

Driver is up but is not responsive, likely due to GC.

Hi all, "Driver is up but is not responsive, likely due to GC." This is the message in cluster event logs. Can anyone help me with this. What does GC means? Garbage collection? Can we control it externally?

• 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Carlos_AlbertoG
New Contributor II
  • 2 kudos

spark.catalog.clearCache() solve the problem for me

• 2 kudos
1 More Replies
PraveenKumarB
by New Contributor
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

java.io.IOException: No FileSystem for scheme: null

Getting the error when try to load the uploaded file in py notebook.# File location and type file_location = "//FileStore/tables/data/d1.csv" file_type = "csv" # CSV options infer_schema = "true" first_row_is_header = "false" delimiter = ","# The app...

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
DivyanshuBhatia
New Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

@naughtonelad​  if your issue is solved,please let me know as I am facing the same problem

• 0 kudos
4 More Replies
nthomas
by New Contributor
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Tips for properly using large broadcast variables?

I'm using a broadcast variable about 100 MB pickled in size, which I'm approximating with: >>> data = list(range(int(10*1e6))) >>> import cPickle as pickle >>> len(pickle.dumps(data)) 98888896Running on a cluster with 3 c3.2xlarge executors, ...

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
dragoncity
New Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

The Facebook credit can be utilized by the gamers to purchase the pearls. The other route is to finished various sorts of Dragons in the Dragon Book. Dragon City Gems There are various kinds of Dragons, one is amazing, at that point you have the fund...

• 0 kudos
4 More Replies
JulioManuelNava
by New Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

[pyspark] foreach + print produces no output

The following code produces no output. It seems as if the print(x) is not being executed for each "words" element: words = sc.parallelize ( ["scala", "java", "hadoop", "spark", "akka", "spark vs hadoop", "pyspark", "pysp...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
john_nicholas
New Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

Epson wf-3640 error code 0x97 is the common printer error code that may occur mostly in all printers but in order to resolve the error code, upon provides the best printer guide to all printer users.

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
dchokkadi1_5588
by New Contributor II
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! graceful dbutils mount/unmount

Is there a way to indicate to dbutils.fs.mount to not throw an error if the mount is already mounted? And viceversa, for unmount to not throw an error if it is already unmounted? I am trying to run my notebook as a job and it has a init section that...

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Mariano_IrvinLo
New Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

If you use scala to mount a gen 2 data lake you could try something like this /Gather relevant Keys/ var ServicePrincipalID = "" var ServicePrincipalKey = "" var DirectoryID = "" /Create configurations for our connection/ var configs = Map (...

• 0 kudos
7 More Replies
Barb
by New Contributor III
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

SQL charindex function?

Hi all,I need to use the SQL charindex function, but I'm getting a databricks error that this doesn't exist. That can't be true, right? Thanks for any ideas about how to make this work!Barb

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Traveller
New Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

The best option I found to replace CHARINDEX was LOCATE, examples from the Spark documentation below > SELECT locate('bar', 'foobarbar', 5); 7 > SELECT POSITION('bar' IN 'foobarbar'); 4

• 0 kudos
5 More Replies
SatheeshSathees
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

how to dynamically explode array type column in pyspark or scala

HI, i have a parquet file with complex column types with nested structs and arrays. I am using the scrpit from below link to flatten my parquet file. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/synapse-analytics/how-to-analyze-complex-schema I am able ...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
shyam_9
Valued Contributor
  • 0 kudos

Hello, Please check out the below docs and notebook which has similar examples, https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/synapse-analytics/how-to-analyze-complex-schemahttps://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/databricks/_static/notebooks/transform-comple...

• 0 kudos
zachary_jones
by New Contributor
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Python logging: 'Operation not supported' after upgrading to DBRT 6.1

My organization has an S3 bucket mounted to the databricks filesystem under /dbfs/mnt. When using Databricks runtime 5.5 and below, the following logging code works correctly:log_file = '/dbfs/mnt/path/to/my/bucket/test.log' logger = logging.getLogg...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
lycenok
New Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

Probably it's worth to try to rewrite the emit ... https://docs.python.org/3/library/logging.html#handlers This works for me: class OurFileHandler(logging.FileHandler): def emit(self, record): # copied from https://github.com/python/cpython/bl...

• 0 kudos
2 More Replies
DimitrisMpizos
by New Contributor
  • 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

Exporting data from databricks

I couldn't find in documentation a way to export an RDD as a text file to a local folder by using python. Is it possible?

• 16 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Manu1
New Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

To: Export a file to local desktop Workaround : Basically you have to do a "Create a table in notebook" with DBFS The steps are: Click on "Data" icon > Click "Add Data" button > Click "DBFS" button > Click "FileStore" folder icon in 1st pane "Sele...

• 0 kudos
15 More Replies
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors