cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Data Engineering
Join discussions on data engineering best practices, architectures, and optimization strategies within the Databricks Community. Exchange insights and solutions with fellow data engineers.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Error deploying DLT DAB: Validation failed for cluster_type, the value must be dlt (is "job")

ahab
New Contributor

Hello.

I'm getting a cluster validation error while trying to deploy a DLT pipeline via DAB.

See attached screenshots for config and error.

Hoping someone has run into this before and can guide me.

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1

MohcineRouessi
New Contributor II

Hey @ahab,

Were you able to solve this issue, if yes would you mind sharing your finds ๐Ÿ™

If not, looking at your cluster policy, I'm seeing that you are using dlt as the cluster type which is the correct needed type for DLT pipelines, but in the resources mapping (job_yml file), you are only defining a workflow job with the keyword jobs and its specific mappings, while in order to create a DLT pipeline you need to use the pipelines keyword that has its own dedicated settings, an example of a DLT pipeline definition here and the full list of parameters for the mappings can be found here

@Retired_mod could you please advise here

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you wonโ€™t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isnโ€™t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group