Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Enzo_Bahrami
by New Contributor III
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Input File Path from Autoloader in Delta Live Tables

Hello everyone!I was wondering if there is any way to get the subdirectories in which the file resides while loading while loading using Autoloader with DLT. For example:def customer(): return (  spark.readStream.format('cloudfiles')    .option('clou...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Parsa Bahraminejad​ We haven't heard from you since the last response from @Vigneshraja Palaniraj​ ​, and I was checking back to see if her suggestions helped you.Or else, If you have any solution, please share it with the community, as it can be...

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
ros
by New Contributor III
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos

merge vs MERGE INTO

from 10.4 LTS version we have low shuffle merge, so merge is more faster. But what about MERGE INTO function that we run in sql notebook of databricks. Is there any performance difference when we use databrciks pyspark ".merge" function vs databricks...

• 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 2 kudos

Hi @Roshan RC​ Thank you for posting your question in our community! We are happy to assist you.To help us provide you with the most accurate information, could you please take a moment to review the responses and select the one that best answers you...

• 2 kudos
1 More Replies
erickeniuk
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Search for Databricks Jobs By Name

The Databricks CLI has the ability to list jobs by exact name using “Databricks jobs list —name my_job”. Is there a way to search for jobs using this same method, where I could put a partial name of a job and get all the jobs that match? Ex: “databri...

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 1 kudos

Hi @Eric Keniuk​ Thank you for posting your question in our community! We are happy to assist you.To help us provide you with the most accurate information, could you please take a moment to review the responses and select the one that best answers y...

• 1 kudos
1 More Replies
vijaykumarbotla
by New Contributor III
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Getting error : Analysis Exception : olumn Is There a PO#17748 are ambiguous. It's probably because you joined several Datasets together, and some of these Datasets are the same. This column points to one of the Datasets but Spark.

AnalysisException: Column Is There a PO#17748 are ambiguous. It's probably because you joined several Datasets together, and some of these Datasets are the same. This column points to one of the Datasets but Spark is unable to figure out which one. ...

• 5 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
vijaykumarbotla
New Contributor III
  • 1 kudos

Hi All,the solution for this problem is very strange.this has caused due to the version of the Databricks runtime.We are using Runtime version 7.0 with Apache Spark 3.0.0 version.In PRD we are using Runtime version 11.3LTS with Apache Spark 3.3.0 ver...

• 1 kudos
4 More Replies
darioAnt
by New Contributor II
  • 1 replies
  • 2 kudos

Filtering delta table by CONCAT of a partition column and a non-partition one

Hi,I know how filtering a delta table on a partition column is a very powerful time-saving approach, but what if this column appears as a CONCAT in the where-clause?I explain my case: I have a delta table with only one partition column, say called co...

• 1 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
darioAnt
New Contributor II
  • 2 kudos

I did myself a test and the answer is no:with a Concat filter, spark sql does not know I am using a partition-based column, so it scan all the table.

• 2 kudos
Altay
by New Contributor II
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Delta merge drops cached variables

Hi Everyone,I have an ingestion script where I use the delta merge to update and append newly incoming data in dataframe format to an existing delta table.I am experiencing an issue where all the variables that have been used previously loose their d...

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
konda1
by New Contributor
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Getting Executor lost due to stage failure error on writing data frame to a delta table or any file like parquet or csv or avro

We are working on multiline nested ( multilevel).The file is read and flattened using pyspark and the data frame is showing data using display() method. when saving the same dataframe it is giving executor lost failure error.for some files it is givi...

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
martindlarsson
by New Contributor III
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Autoloader and deletion vectors (Predictive IO)

We are looking into enabling Predictive IO on our delta tables. In the ingest process we are using autoloader and I am wondering if autoloader will gett a flag to enable deletion vectors at table creation? Deletion vectors is a requirement for Predic...

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
eyalo
by New Contributor II
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Ingest from FTP server doesn't work

Hi,I am trying to connect my FTP server and store the files to a dataframe with the following code:%pip install ftputilfrom ftputil import FTPHostHost = "92.118.67.49"Login = "StrideNBM-DF_BO"Passwd = "Sdf123456"ftp_dir = "/dwh-reports/"with FTPHost(...

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
ros
by New Contributor III
  • 2 replies
  • 3 kudos

Apache Hudi Table creation using hudi maven library

I installed hudi maven library org.apache.hudi:hudi-spark3.3-bundle_2.12:0.13.0 in Dbricks Runtime Ver : 12.2 LTS (includes Apache Spark 3.3.2, Scala 2.12) with spark config :spark.sql.catalog.spark_catalog org.apache.spark.sql.hudi.catalog.HoodieCat...

• 2 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
ros
New Contributor III
  • 3 kudos

@Shanmugavel Chandrakasu​ %sql create table hudi_cow_pt_tbl ( id bigint, name string, ts bigint, dt string, hh string ) using hudi tblproperties ( type = 'cow', primaryKey = 'id', preCombineField = 'ts' ) partitioned by (dt, hh) location '/mnt/data/h...

• 3 kudos
1 More Replies
Anonymous
by Not applicable
  • 0 replies
  • 2 kudos

Hello Everyone, I am thrilled to announce that we have our 6th winner for the raffle contest -@Bolanle Adesanya​ . Please join me in congratulating h...

Hello Everyone,I am thrilled to announce that we have our 6th winner for the raffle contest -@Bolanle Adesanya​ . Please join me in congratulating her on this remarkable achievement!Your dedication and hard work have paid off, and we are delighted t...

winner7
  • 0 replies
  • 2 kudos
PawelK
by New Contributor II
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

Is it possible to create "Notification destinations"/"Alert destinations" through API or Pulumi/Terraform?

Hello, I'm looking for a way of defining notification destination using API or Pulumi/Terraform providers. However I cannot find it anywhere. Could you please help and advice if i'm missing something or it's not available at the moment?And If it's no...

• 4 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
JordanYaker
Contributor
  • 1 kudos

This issue seems to point to the lack of a public API being the culprit behind the lack of a resource for Terraform.

• 1 kudos
3 More Replies
JordanYaker
by Contributor
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Integration options for Databricks Jobs and DataDog?

I know that there is already the Databricks (technically Spark) integration for DataDog. Unfortunately, that integration only covers the cluster execution itself and that means only Cluster Metrics and Spark Jobs and Tasks. I'm looking for somethin...

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors