cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
Join discussions on data engineering best practices, architectures, and optimization strategies within the Databricks Community. Exchange insights and solutions with fellow data engineers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in migration with UCX tool

priyansh
New Contributor II

Hey folks!

I am facing an issue while migration the tables from Hive to UC using UCX tool; after completely running the setup and getting the assessment overview, we ran the following commands i.e.  "databricks labs ucx create-table-mapping" but after we ran the command "databricks labs ucx migrate-tables", it should be supposed to migrate the tables those which are in my dbfs and already in the parquet format. As after successfully running the command, I am not getting any error but the database that has been created in the UC, the following tables are not reflecting there in the UC. I also ran the SYNC command for the external tables too, but the issue is same in that case also

I would also like to know that in the assessment overview what does the UC readiness signifies?
For your reference I am attaching the screenshots, please refer to them...
Thanks,

1 REPLY 1

gchandra
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

After running this command databricks labs ucx create-table-mapping, you should see a text file with a list of tables. I hope you updated the respective Catalog names before running the migrate-tables command.

90% of the total objects can be readily migrated to UC.

- The Databricks Data Intelligence Platform

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you won’t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isn’t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group