Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Failed_to_convert_the_JSON_string_'interval_day_to_second'_to_a_data_type

Sambit_S
New Contributor II

I am trying to access a delta share table which has a field of datatype interval day to second below.

Sambit_S_0-1696512262555.png

Sample data in the table:-

Sambit_S_1-1696512337390.png

The above table while accessing through delta share giving error as below.

Sambit_S_2-1696512405641.png

Any help in resolving this issue will be appreciated. Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Sambit_SThe error you are encountering, SSLCertVerificationError, is because your client's IP address is not allowed in the Azure firewall. This is necessary to access Delta Sharing tables with a Python client.

To resolve this issue, allow your client IP address in the Azure firewall.

Here are the steps to do that:

1. Sign in to the Azure Portal.
2. Expand the left sidebar menu and click on Storage accounts.
3. select the one you use for Delta Sharing from the list of your storage accounts.
4. Navigate to the Firewalls and virtual networks settings.
5. Under Firewall, add your client's IP address to the list of allowed IP addresses. Please ensure that your IP address is correctly added and saved. After this, you should be able to access the Delta Sharing tables without encountering the SSLCertVerificationError.

Please note that the error and its solution have nothing to do with the specific data type interval day to second in your Delta Share table. The error is purely related to network access permissions.

Sambit_S
New Contributor II

The issue was indeed with the specific data type interval day to second in my Delta Share table.

I casted the column from interval day to second to string in my Delta Share table and I am able to access the table and data now.

Sambit_S_0-1697181041398.png

jose_gonzalez

Hi @Sambit_S ,

did you have time to check Kaniz's response? could you please verity it and let us know if you still need help

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.